Cleaning out the cupboard??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattkenzie

Reaction score
I am going to be unable to brew for a year due to a military obligation and have taken my leftover ingredients to create my final brewing concoction. I know that it is pretty hard to brew bad beer so I figured that I would experiment a bit.
I steeped 1 lb of 60l crystal and added 6lbs light LME and 1 lb Wheat DME. I bittered with 1 oz of Fuggles and split 1 oz of Cascade between flavor and aroma. I added a bit of Wyeast and set it to ferment.
I have to admit that it smelled incredible. I browsed the recipe indexes to find a similar brew that I could compare it to but I came up short. I would love some opinions on the possible classification and if any of you experienced brewers think that this might actually taste good or end up falling short.

Hmm...what yeast did you use? What was the AA% and time additions of Fuggles and Cascade?

By using The Recipator I get an OG of about 1.055, 13 IBUs (Assuming fuggles is 4.75% and Cascade is 6%)

It shows that your brew comes out to a nice amber color. I would think that using a high attenuating yeast you will create a nice, dry, malty brew with a subtle added mouthfeel from the wheat DME.

It's like an amber ale minus the bitterness, maybe like a mild or an ordinary bitter with a high gravity( Imperial Mild/Imperial ordinary bitter LOL!). Thats what I get. I'm sure your going to get a great, drinkable brew!

Back