What is :mug:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you... :mug:

It doesnt show on the mobile app for some reason, but on the online version it is a emoticon with two much in midst of a happy "cheers!"

I find it interesting that nas dahrovye (a toast) is pronounced the same in Slovak,Russian,& Polish.
It's not really surprising: they're three very closely related languages. Czech, Polish and Slovak are mutually comprehensible, at least the simple things. I can understand basic bits of Russian, even though I've never studied the language.

I find it interesting that nas dahrovye (a toast) is pronounced the same in Slovak,Russian,& Polish.
throw ukrainian and belarusian in that group too.

all those languages developed long before our modern borders existed. the language changed a little from village to village, so the slavic tongue was a spectrum.

i get a kick out of folks arguing about whether something slavic (like pierogies) is polish vs. ukrainian vs. russian... it's all of them because it existed before those countries did.

Back