lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3508928242.jpg

Chocolate Orange Peel Stout and Promised Land Stout(milk and honey stout) brewed yesterday.

image-2916690789.jpg

Special Harvest Ale(Belgian Golden with Peach and Brett) and the back carboy is a Sour Belgian Golden.

image-3761326709.jpg

Banana Wine

Special Harvest Ale(Belgian Golden with Peach and Brett) and the back carboy is a Sour Belgian Golden.

Very nice love the sours!! WesleyS

Darkness said:

Very nice love the sours!! WesleyS

Thanks. Those are both from August. I'll probably be bottling the Special Harvest soon. The Golden Sour has a ways to go.

Whatever in the world are those fermenters, and where did you get them??

I'm part owner of a little nano-brewery, we do 1 barrel batches and those are our fermenters. They'll hold 80 gallons, big one in back is 120. I can't think if the brand off hand, and I have no idea where the other owner got them.

Oh the first pic of 2013 are rolling in. You guys make me want to build ferm-chamber

I've been fermenting in a kettle for a few years. Usually ferment 10 - 14 days, then transfer to a keg, let that sit warm for another week or two and then cold condition and serve. The intention is to get it out of the kettle not long after active fermentation subsides. Sometimes I seal up the kettle w/ plastic wrap / plastic bag and a string wrapped tight. No issues to date, try it, airlocks are for aging not fermenting IMO! I brew ales that are intended to be consumed fresh, say within 2 months and will be stored cold...if I was looking to store warm, or cellar the beer for a year I may not be as cavalier, as infection and oxidation occure much faster at higher temps...but how quickly does infection or oxidation happen in a 30 some degree keezer? I doesn't IME.
Beer is pretty resilient to infection and oxidation IME if basic care is used...ESPECIALLY during active fermentation!

A thing of beauty - Suicidal Blond Pale Ale and Alley Cat Amber

IMG_6330.jpg

Here are the Lambic Ladies. Turbid mashed Lambic each pitched with different bugs:

Wyeast Lambic Blend
Bugfarm 6
Various dregs (Cantillon, Drie Font etc)
East Coast Yeast Bret Blend
Brett Trois
Brett C

All will be used to blend with my 25 gallon wine barrel that has Bugfarm 6, in 12-24months from now.

image-2273602561.jpg

Back