New from Raleigh, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-S-

Reaction score
Just saying hi. I'm new to brewing and this forum, even though I've already spent hours going through the old forum posts. I did a mead over the summer which is stashed away for now. Right now I am at day 2 of fermenting my first beer kit, a steam beer. So far so good.

Thanks for all the good info in the forums.

Welcome! :)

There's a large group of us in the area who brew.

Seems like there's a new Raleigh guy added every day or so. Welcome. Take your shoes off. Set a spell.

Hello from Delaware.

I was in Raleigh for 5 days this summer and most of that time was spent at the Flying Saucer. The bartenders were awesome (even took us out to other bars one night) and the girls are required to wear catholic school girl outfits as their uniform.

Add that to the 300+ beers they have available, and that place cant be beat! :mug:

Welcome, we're glad to have you!

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear there are so many people in the area on this site. And yes, Danbreeze...gotta love the Flying Saucer.

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear there are so many people in the area on this site. And yes, Danbreeze...gotta love the Flying Saucer.

You mean the Flying Sausage;). Always a dude fest there, but much good beer though w/ hot waitresses. Haven't been in a couple years.

There is a new Raleigh HBT like every week. Lots of new breweries popping up to around here. One is opening soon walking distance from my house, Lynnwood Grill

You mean the Flying Sausage;). Always a dude fest there, but much good beer though w/ hot waitresses. Haven't been in a couple years.

There is a new Raleigh HBT like every week. Lots of new breweries popping up to around here. One is opening soon walking distance from my house, Lynnwood Grill

Are you talking about the Lynnwood Grill they are building off of 70 by the Lowes and Target? I haven't seen anything to say that it's going to be a brewery? And they already have a smaller location in that plaza already. I appologize if you are talking about somewhere else that I am not familiar with.

Sorry to hijack the thread too by the way. Welcome from the Triangle. There are a ton of homebrewers here.

Are you talking about the Lynnwood Grill they are building off of 70 by the Lowes and Target? I haven't seen anything to say that it's going to be a brewery? And they already have a smaller location in that plaza already. I appologize if you are talking about somewhere else that I am not familiar with.

Sorry to hijack the thread too by the way. Welcome from the Triangle. There are a ton of homebrewers here.

Yes thats it. I saw the plans in the back of the bar a few weeks ago.

It looks like it will be a brewpub, have a patio on the roof, etc.

Hey S, grew up in Raleigh, going to Appalachian State now. You go to American Brewmaster for your supplies?

Back