Minimum chest freezer size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srm775

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of the minimum chest freezer size I would need for 6 5 gal. corneys? Would a 5.5 cu. ft. be big enough? I'm not worried about the CO2 tank because I can just run that through the collar and keep it outside of the freezer.

Mine is just ~7.5 cu. ft. and I can fit four in just fine, but it's too snug to squeeze in a fifth keg. For six, I think you'll need something along the lines of ~10 cu. ft. A lot depends on the interior design.

How big of a collar are you planning on building? That can make a big difference. If the collar is big enough you can take advantage of putting a keg or 2 on the hump in the freezer as well.

7.2 cu. ft. chest freezer from Home Depot with a collar will fit 6 cornies.

8361-100_2621.JPG

I have a 9.2 with a big hump so I can fit 4 no problem with co2 on bottom, If I make a big collar I can fit another 2 on the hump. 5.5 sounds way to small..I would think maybe 3 with co2..

Jay

A five is good for 3 corneys, maybe four if one is short. Mine, I keep the CO2 on the hump.

Back