Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice start to the third period by the Bs. Now if they can just hang on (and they just dodged a huge bullet - puck went through Rask's wickets but somehow didn't catch the post).

Habs fans still have a hard-on for Chara...

Cheers!

[edit] Whew! Whistle-happy refs didn't change the outcome. Good win by the Conference Leading Bruins!

Wow, great win in Montreal. Tuukka Rask played on his head tonight. He was phenomenal. If I had any worries about this kid, they are gone. He won this game tonight.. Fuc k Montreal. Next up TB Lighting.

I'm not saying check every holding of the stick, tripping, or hooking call, but for all the emphasis put on head shots and the severity of the punishment usually involved, like a major or match penalty, get those right. A 5 minute power play is over 8% of a regulation game. Getting that call wrong is unacceptable.

Meh - someone call the wahmbulance. BFD. The calls go both ways over the course of an entire season. Blaming the refs for losing out on 2 points is lame. Now, when Gretz shoves his stick in your star player's face in Game 6 of the playoffs and it's not called, THEN you'll have something to complain about. FOR 20 YEARS.

Oh, and the refs DO consult each other on major penalties. Games already last 2.5+ hours - lets not drag this out more than we need to just for some relatively meaningless regular season game.

Amazing how a rough start for the Flyers sends their fans in to such a tizzy. "OMG - WE'RE 1 POINT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS! THE REFS ARE SCREWING US!" - please...

paulster2626 said:
Meh - someone call the wahmbulance. BFD. The calls go both ways over the course of an entire season. Blaming the refs for losing out on 2 points is lame. Now, when Gretz shoves his stick in your star player's face in Game 6 of the playoffs and it's not called, THEN you'll have something to complain about. FOR 20 YEARS.

Oh, and the refs DO consult each other on major penalties. Games already last 2.5+ hours - lets not drag this out more than we need to just for some relatively meaningless regular season game.

Amazing how a rough start for the Flyers sends their fans in to such a tizzy. "OMG - WE'RE 1 POINT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS! THE REFS ARE SCREWING US!" - please...

Wow. Way to read into something that I didn't say at all. I never said the refs are screwing the Flyers and the two prominent calls/non-calls were in the Western Conference.

I'm not in a tizzy at all. I guess any time we discuss anything at all about the game, someone has to be in a tizzy, right?

I did being up the non-call on Erskine, but that's a failure on the entire crew. They did get together to confer and no call at all was made. Flyers didn't lose because of that non-call, but certainly a 5 minute power play could have impacted the game. That's all I'm saying.

In a shortened season, each of this relatively meaningless games are that much more meaningful. Those two points, at this time in the season is the difference between 7th and 13th place in the conference for Philly, or being tied with Toronto, who likely won't make the playoffs, as usual.

2 points routinely makes the difference between making the playoffs or not or having home ice.

You want to talk about the duration of the game, 94 minutes are just the game time and two intermissions, let alone the stoppages and mandatory TV timeouts. Get rid of the TV timeouts and allow for more replay to make the game and calls better. Hockey is way shorter than any of the other pro sports. Football, baseball, and basket ball all routinely go closer to and sometimes exceed three hours.

Bruins trade Tim Thomas to the Islanders for a conditional second round pick. If he plays one game, Boston get the pick. The good thing is that the Bruins get to take 5 mil of the books. Bye bye Timmy....

if he does change his mind and decide to play the Islanders would have one heck of a goaltending tandem as long as he does not have a sharp decline from sitting out for so long

Have to wonder if last night's Tuuka performance green-lighted this "deal".

Fwiw, I think Timmay!! lost his mojo and is majorly done...

Cheers!

good ridence, yes he was institutional in winning the cup a few years ago, no one can deny that. but as a fan he is the worst person to watch play in a game. his style of reactionary play is so over the top that its super frustrating to be a fan of. I always here everyone comment "oh wow he made so many sportscenter highlight reel saves last night".... yeah, because he was caught with his pants around his ankles out of position so he had to flop to try and make something of it...

when he's on fire he's great to watch, its exciting. but more often than not he ends up on his stomach or ass 4ft out of the net and people just dump in easy goals... and no one much cares for your dramatics. When a pro team wins, they go to the white house as a complimentary visit, you arent going there to hold office you narcissistic prick. no one cares what your beliefs or stances are, your not someone whos political opinion ANYONE cares about.. your job can be performed (better actually) by a wall... so when it comes to your stances on abortion or taxes, do us all a favor and shut up. you are a dog and pony show for some white house photo opps for a day, nothing more.

i have never been a fan of timmy from the start, and i was the same way when they won, i was excited the bruins won, could recognize that thomas played awesome towards the end, but certainly didnt jump on the bandwagon that idolized him around the city...

When a pro team wins, they go to the white house as a complimentary visit, you arent going there to hold office you narcissistic prick. no one cares what your beliefs or stances are, your not someone whos political opinion ANYONE cares about.. your job can be performed (better actually) by a wall... so when it comes to your stances on abortion or taxes, do us all a favor and shut up. you are a dog and pony show for some white house photo opps for a day, nothing more.

exactly, shut the $@#& up and smile for the camera, like you're being paid to do

Bruins/Lightning moved to 7pm tomorrow. I bet there'll be a crap ton of noshows, maybe they'll let anyone who braves the trek to the Gahden in to see the game...

Cheers!

Bruins/Lightning moved to 7pm tomorrow. I bet there'll be a crap ton of noshows, maybe they'll let anyone who braves the trek to the Gahden in to see the game...

Cheers!

Looks like Boston is getting what Michigan got last night. I think it snowed at least 12 inches yesterday, I cleaned about 4 inches off my car before work and then another 5 or 6 after work, and at 5am I had another inch or so on the windshield.

Color me sad, but the Bruins/TB game has been postponed 'til whenever. No game tonight.

Apparently we got three times what Michigan got. They had the cold, but we had the cold plus a bazillion tons of moisture rolling up the coast. Et voila, I had ~30" of powder to get rid of...

Cheers!

good ridence, yes he was institutional in winning the cup a few years ago, no one can deny that. but as a fan he is the worst person to watch play in a game. his style of reactionary play is so over the top that its super frustrating to be a fan of. I always here everyone comment "oh wow he made so many sportscenter highlight reel saves last night".... yeah, because he was caught with his pants around his ankles out of position so he had to flop to try and make something of it...

when he's on fire he's great to watch, its exciting. but more often than not he ends up on his stomach or ass 4ft out of the net and people just dump in easy goals... and no one much cares for your dramatics. When a pro team wins, they go to the white house as a complimentary visit, you arent going there to hold office you narcissistic prick. no one cares what your beliefs or stances are, your not someone whos political opinion ANYONE cares about.. your job can be performed (better actually) by a wall... so when it comes to your stances on abortion or taxes, do us all a favor and shut up. you are a dog and pony show for some white house photo opps for a day, nothing more.

i have never been a fan of timmy from the start, and i was the same way when they won, i was excited the bruins won, could recognize that thomas played awesome towards the end, but certainly didnt jump on the bandwagon that idolized him around the city...

exactly, shut the $@#& up and smile for the camera, like you're being paid to do

As long as people who make a living portraying people other than themselves (typically fictional people) think they have any reason to open their mouths and speak about politics, I don't have a problem with professional athletes doing the same. So many of the idiot actors from Hollyweird don't have a clue what they're talking about, but because of their A-list rating and celebrity status, they feel entitled to making themselves look like idiots in the global media.

I'm guessing if he were speaking out in favor of Obamanation, no one would be complaining, they'd likely be celebrating him exercising his 1st Amendment rights. But as an American, and athlete, he's not entitled to speak/voice his opinion because he disagrees with the current President's ideology and direction he's pushing the country?

Color me sad, but the Bruins/TB game has been postponed 'til whenever. No game tonight.

Apparently we got three times what Michigan got. They had the cold, but we had the cold plus a bazillion tons of moisture rolling up the coast. Et voila, I had ~30" of powder to get rid of...

Cheers!

I know, that blows!! I was really looking forward to a game tonight. The leafs are playing the Canadians. That should be a good game. I want to watch some Hockey tonight and drink a bunch of beers. Ya know what I'm saying.

The Habs make even the Maple Leafs look like an all-star team. Holy hell that's some major french suckage there.

I know, that blows!! I was really looking forward to a game tonight. The leafs are playing the Canadians. That should be a good game. I want to watch some Hockey tonight and drink a bunch of beers. Ya know what I'm saying.

Canadians are getting stomped!

When the Gustavsson/J. van Riemsdyk trade happened, I immediately declared that Toronto got the better deal by far. But watching him light it up night after night, I have to say that Toronto got a better deal than even I had originally thought! :ban:

Canadians are getting stomped!

When the Gustavsson/J. van Riemsdyk trade happened, I immediately declared that Toronto got the better deal by far. But watching him light it up night after night, I have to say that Toronto got a better deal than even I had originally thought! :ban:

It was Schenn for JVR.

Burke is a genius.

I was shocked to see Burke get fired. Other than the Kessel trade you can't really argue with many of the moves he made. Even the Kessel is not that bad if people would stop putting unrealistic expectations on him. He is not and never has been a great defensive player or a vocal leader. He scores 30-40 goals a year, every year. You can teach defense, but goal scorers are born

In vancouver he drafted the Sedins, in anaheim he had the Pronger trade. He is in the same class as Sinden, Sam pollok , etc

It was Schenn for JVR.

Burke is a genius.

Heh, so it was. Not sure why I said otherwise. Still, the assessment stands, even if the trade wasn't QUITE so lopsided. Awesome pickup.

I know Reimer just recorded a shutout against a (supposedly) better team, but I really do think a better goaltender is the biggest piece of the puzzle left. With a top goalie between the pipes, I'm sure the Leafs could go far.

I'm glad to see JvR doing well, but he had streaks like this is Philly as well. Hopefully he continues to play well and develops consistency, something he was unable to do here.

Best game the Leafs have played in years. Reminded me of the Roberts, Tucker, Domi days. I disagree about goaltending being the last piece of the puzzle though. Reimer has been great so far, and there are no elite goalies on the market right now anyway. I'm a firm believer that a trade for Luongo would be a colossal mistake. I think more than anything TO needs a legitimate number one center who can take the puck to the net and get in the dirty areas. The Leafs have been lacking a true center ever since Sundin left. Bozak is great, but he should be a 2nd or 3rd line center. I'd like to see the Leafs make a serious attempt to sign Getzlaf in the summer, but failing that a trade might need to take place. I believe that need is more pressing than the need for a goaltender.

Also, loved McLaren smiling at Gorges during that entire fight. Too funny.

Red Wings are finally looking good but let in another goal right before the end of the period.

Yeah, they played like the Red Wings we're familiar with yesterday against Edmonton. Let's hope they don't run out of gas before the third period starts.

Yeah, they played like the Red Wings we're familiar with yesterday against Edmonton. Let's hope they don't run out of gas before the third period starts.

Cleary looks terrible again though. Let's Kopitar free for the first goal and takes yet another stupid penalty.

What an end to the Detroit/LA game! Kings tie it in the last minute of regulation and Red Wings bring it back to the net, Franzen shoots and the puck is frozen. Kings win faceoff but Ericsson manages to shoot, deflects and rolls on its side slowly past the line at around the 4 second mark. Wings win 3-2

So, Toronto fans...what kind of beer would you say pairs well with sweaty forearm?

So, you, like, can give Grabovski a good recommendation for the next time he goes vampire...

So, Toronto fans...what kind of beer would you say pairs well with sweaty forearm?

So, you, like, can give Grabovski a good recommendation for the next time he goes vampire...

I can't remember the last time I stuck my arm in someone's mouth and I, like, didn't get bitten.

All part of the Habs beatdown in Montreal. What a great day.

I would say Paciorertty needs to stop whining. Grabo was already tangled up with Prust, and then he comes along and smothers his mouth and nose from behind. What did he think was going to happen? Whether he bit him or not is debatable, but if you shove your arm into someone's open mouth you're probably going to feel teeth.

I know you were just making a joke, I'm just throwing that out there because so many of these Habs fans are calling for Grabovski's head now. Sore losers.

Back