Used liquor barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We currently have 3-10 gallon Rum ($150), 3- 5 gallon Rum ($110) and 1-15 gallon Rum ($175) ready to ship. Pm me if your interested.

Steelers77 said:
We will have 5 gallon Whiskey barrels ($110 + shipping). on the 22nd of June. We will be taking preorders for these starting today. If you want one pm me with a zip code and email address so I can send an invoice.

I'll take one!!! 76109 [email protected]. Just bought a rum barrel from you.

I just pulled a RIS out of a 5 gallon light char barrel I got a few months ago. It was in for 11 days and came out with a great flavor- not overpowering, complex, balanced.

I'll update after I carb it up.

As a side note, is there a way I can tell whether this was a rum or whiskey barrel? I've forgotten...

banik said:
I just pulled a RIS out of a 5 gallon light char barrel I got a few months ago. It was in for 11 days and came out with a great flavor- not overpowering, complex, balanced.

I'll update after I carb it up.

As a side note, is there a way I can tell whether this was a rum or whiskey barrel? I've forgotten...

Send me a pm with you info and ill look it up. I just pulled a maple smoked amber out of a rum barrel and it is fantastic. May have kept it in the barrel a week too long but the rum really compliments the beer so I think it will come together nicely after some additional bulk aging. I put a RIS right in and I intend on aging that for about 6 months.

Ok, We will have Whiskey barrels by the end of the week. They are $110 for a 5 gallon barrel PM me if you want one. We also have Rum barrels available.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Now If I could only get a sample for myself. Hmmmm.

Any chance you would share you recipe with me, maybe I can make a kit for the site!

My barleywine picked up some great vanilla flavors from the barrel and just a hint of rum in only 7 days. Now for a nice long bulk age out of the barrel.

louie0202 said:
This will sound stupid, but how do most of you get the wooden stopper out?

Tap it with a hammer on the side of the bung.

Thanks of course after posting I googled the board and read the same thing. Figure I should fill it with water or something since the brew thats going in it won't be ready for a week or two...from what I saw so far, it is very nice.

My barrel arrived yesterday. It looks and smells awesome!! I can't wait to get something into it. Super fast shipping and it's a quality product. Thanks!

Enjoy Kevin. We have some 10 and 15 gallon Rum barrels, some 10 gallon Brandy and we will have more 5 gallon Whiskey tomorrow. Let me know what you want.
Happy 4th,
John

Back