hazelnut flavor troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBB

Reaction score
I copied an all grain formula for hazelnut brown ale,and it was very unclear about the flavoring.

It said to add flavor before bottling.

It does not specify type,brand or amount
of flavor.
This really is leaving me with to many options. Well, the only flavor I can find anywhere is coffee shop surrup. And I work in a natural foods store,but we can't get anything but surrup.
I can get hazelnuts fresh from the bulk section. Maybe it would work like making the vanilla extract in the in the vanilla brown ale tread.
Maybe next time I can add the hazelnuts to the boiling.

Any thoughts from y'all ?

BBB said:
I copied an all grain formula for hazelnut brown ale,and it was very unclear about the flavoring.

It said to add flavor before bottling.

It does not specify type,brand or amount
of flavor.
This really is leaving me with to many options. Well, the only flavor I can find anywhere is coffee shop surrup. And I work in a natural foods store,but we can't get anything but surrup.
I can get hazelnuts fresh from the bulk section. Maybe it would work like making the vanilla extract in the in the vanilla brown ale tread.
Maybe next time I can add the hazelnuts to the boiling.

Any thoughts from y'all ?

Not too sure, but I used almond extract on my brown ale. 4 oz. bottle from a natural foods store. I was worried a bit that the oils would kill the head on the beer, but the longer I let it sit after bottling, the better the head on the beer became...

Back