Online Canadian stores?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mencken

Reaction score
Hey, I've moved back to Canada and I'm trying to sort out where to get the best supplies online. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately, their stock seems pretty limited

hopdawgs.ca has been very good. They have hops and yeast along with a limited (compared to large online retailers) supply of equipment.

morebeer.com will ship to Canada via USPS so you don't get raped by UPS on customs brokerage charges. You still have to pay GST and whatever applicable duty is but it's a good option.

Where are you moving to and what exactly will you be looking for? That might help others chime in with more advice.

I just tried torontobrewing.ca but we don't really have anything that compares to the big us online retailers unfortunately. Toronto brewing seems to have the best shipping rates from all the sites i've looked at

In Calgary. I have most of the equipment I need already...just need to replace a few minor things (e.g. buckets) both those are simple. Generally i brew partial mash at this point, but thinking of shifting to all grain shortly. The Vineyard here in town appears to have most of what I need, but brick and mortar shops are always a little costlier

I'm a Yeast Wrangler myself. We tend to try and do group buys of some ingredients, but personally, I've purchased from both www.hopdawgs.ca and www.homebrew-supplies.ca. Neil at the Vineyard (LHBS) is also very good at bringing in equipment and ingredients for homebrewing, but some of us have managed to do our own things with crap bought from Canadian Tire or other hardware places.

I second hopdawgs.ca, I get most of my stuff through Chris and no problems, he's a good guy.

For lots of kegging stuff, ontariobeerkegs.com is your friend :)

Back