Brew Day 1-28-12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
Late start, needed to make a few adjustments to the process. Strike water heating up. Grains crushed, hops measured and set in cup for the 7 additions (not including dry hops), salts measured and ready for mash. Pics to come. :rockin:

A few quick pics, mashing now AC/DC playing.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

mash in was 155, was shooting for 156. Measuring sparge salts now. @Sheldon, I'm never that organized! lol

Well, according to promash I'm running at 85%, pre-boil should have been .059, I came in at .055 OG should come in around .075 at least I hope. Beastie Boys Playin'

love counting crows! looks like someones having fun lol love your avatar pic

just realized this is my 666th post!

Well everything went great right up to the point where I needed to pump the wort through the CFC, didn't use a screen or my hop spider (big dummy) so naturally ended up with a clogged pump, had to come up with a plan B real fast, under up just transferring over to the HLT and pumping.from there. All that resulted in a gallon loss. Lesson learned. Should still be fine OG .072

Back