Olympia WA Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me check the numbers in a bit. I will post into #78 of what is leftover. There definately are leftovers. I have to recompute everytihng in excel. Sorry guys.

I knew that Sorachi Ace was too good to be true.:drunk:

That puts me at only #2 :(

It helps me, and if you could, I would like to fill my shipping box, due to cost.

so perhaps #3 mixed of what's avaliable?

I can send $$$ for the extra #2.

thx.

Okee doke. we are 3 11lb sacks off of the order. If you had an order for either golding, sorachi ace or spalt. If y'all can come to a decision on a variety, I can throw the order in before I leave tommorow to pickup. Or.... I could just give people a surprise hop??? Perle? Cascade? Centennial? Actually, my brain is going in overdrive. RDWHAHB!!!! I think I will just be refunding the sorachi ace, spalt and golding parts of orders. That seems so much simpler

I had #2 of Goldings in my order. What is left that i can sub out if anything? Let me know so I can also check with my friend as he is in for #1 as well

I had a #1 of Sorachi Ace. I am up for a substitute. I vote Hallertau, Perle, or Tetnang. I will give in to the majority vote though if it becomes something else. For the price Sorachi Ace was $10.76 which appears to be the most expensive. If you end up subbing, I say you keep the $1.00 or $2.00 per pound difference for your hard work.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

I had 3 pounds spalt.. You can replace with perle, cascade, centenial..as a split. or 2 perle and a cascade... If you have a hallertau left(dont think so you can do that as well) Just let me know what you are going to send.... I appreciate it!!!

I wil second a vote for Hallertau

If you would prefer a refund, shoot me a pm. Order in for the replacement hops

i had 2lbs of golding. i would like a substitute also. perle centennial cascade hallertau. all good choices.

I was just reading a thread about lhbs's subbing stuff without telling people. LOL

If you would prefer a refund, shoot me a pm. Order in for the replacement hops

What ever is simplest for you. I just appreciate the hard work you are doing for us. I noticed the Goldings were cheaper than your substitutes. Just let me know what works best for you. Thanks again.

What hops you decide to go with is fine with me. What am I gonna do, not brew with 'em?!? Thanks again for the hard work!

**Edit: I see from post #78 you have some nugget left, I'd prefer that, but whatever is easiest for you is fine with me.**

To make this as easy as possible. If you had an order that included spalt, goldings or sorachi ace, you will be issued a refund for that part of your order unless you specify in this thread (or be a part of the people who pm'd me) that you would like a substitute. I am trying to accomodate as many subs that I can for people who have certain requests. It is way easier to track in the thread. Thank you for your patience, it is greatly appreciated.

I just wanted to thank djsethall for all the hard work he's put in on this group buy! I know this has been MUCH more work than what you probably thought it would be. We all appreciate your efforts in trying to help your fellow brewers.

To show my appreciation, I wanted to get the ball rolling on buying you a premium membership. Come on everybody, throw in a buck or two and help this guy out! It won't make a dent in your wallet, and will help serve as a token of our appreciation!

Thanks again, and look forward to getting the hops!

thanks vmax! Let's keep it going everybody. I know the rules say that you can't make money on a group buy, but I doubt they'd care if we all chip in to buy him a membership! Heck, they'd make money. If you're not sure how to do it....

All you have to do is go to one of his posts, click on his name, chose the "donate" in the drop down box, then donate any amount you want.

Great idea I_B_Mongo, I just put $5.00 in for him. Thanks for all your hard work djsethall. :mug:

While I was at it I also signed up for a Premium Membership. HomeBrewTalk Rocks!

I'm down with this!

Also, met djsethall this morning while he was in town picking up the order, and got my part. Was quite the load of stuff, those poor cars :D

Thanks!

only pic I have is of my two bags once I got them home, sorry :(

189774_201295669894298_190247627665769_679060_7632138_n.jpg

I had #1 of goldings. I can see what you've got and replace it with something else when I come to Olympia tomorrow.

Thanks for all your hard work, djsethall!

+$5 for premium membership. Please donate, y'all.

IMG_20110318_145732.jpg

Grains are in my basement. I'll post a pic of the hops in a few

IMG_20110318_162221.jpg

Here's the hops. Hops are weighed out for local pickup. Shipped hops will be weighed and bagged tommorow. Phew

Your basement is a thing of beauty! Look at all that grain and hops! If the beer Armageddon strikes tonight, you'll be set!

Thank you to everyone who donated towards my membership. I appreciate it greatly.

Donated 5 to the membership.. You totally deserved it..Thanks for all you work. I know it was alot!!!! Also thanks for allowing me to purchase all the way form NJ..:ban::ban:

Thank you to everyone who donated towards my membership. I appreciate it greatly.

Glad to help. You totally deserve it for all the hard work! :ban:

Looking forward to all those hops! Should help to get my per batch price under $20, as my LHBS charges $3/ounce.

Thanks again for doing this for us. It is above and beyond. Now you have access to the Boneyard.:D If you are ever in Denver the first few pints at Falling Rock are on me:mug:

Donated towards the membership, Also, bopgun23 is going to pick up my order from Olympia for me. Thanks for the group buy!

Just sent an email, interested in 3 lbs of what's left on post 78, jumping in on this late & only skimmed the thread so sorry if I missed something.

Some pics from today

3190-img-20110321-133301.jpg

Luke weighing hops

3191-hops-orders.jpg

Hops in their little boxes ready to go to their homes

There were a couple of errors with my math. there were 2 or 3 subs I had to do. Sorry. Not too many though. If you were short an aroma, I packed an aroma replacement etc... It was the saaz that turned up 2 short somehow?:confused:

Djsethall, what an effort to put this buy together - a huge thanks. I just threw $5 in your HBT membership account.

Hops out the door. Finally. lol
IMG_20110323_111642.jpg

Rick the helper

IMG_20110323_111142.jpg

Hops orders in my car. On their way guys

djsethall: thanks for meeting up with me in Oly to drop off the hops.

"Nuthin' to see here, officers, just a couple of dudes exchanging bags full of aromatic vegetable matter!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back