Victoria BC Hombrew group

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestCoastHopper

Reaction score
Are there any other folks from Victoria who are interested in meeting regularly? I know Vancouver has a group, but I havent seen one on the Island. I think it might help foster the development of the homebrew community here.

I know that there are some homebrewers in that area... Fat Cat earned a fair bit of their revenue by selling wort to homebrewers when I was last there (a few years back).

P.S. Fat Cat was a cool place - how are they doing beer-wise now-a-days?

Funny you should ask, I noticed that it was up for sale recently (for a fairly small sum). I assume they were not doign well financially, or the margins were very thin or something like that. Beer wise they are OK, though I think they have a lot of competition from groups like Phillips and Driftwood, who are making excellent beers.

Ok, Hoser and Hoppin, It looks like it is just the three of us on the island. I havent been able to find any homebrew clubs over here (other than CAMRA, and I dont know if that is really their focus). I’m not sure if there is a club or group over here. We may have to form our own. I’m going to Phoenix (got to get warm man) for a week, but I’ll be back the week of March 21. If you guys are interested in meeting at a pub after that (maybe Friday the 25th), I’m in.

My background in brewing is still somewhat limited (hence wanting to join a group). I have done all grain BOP, but that’s it so far. I have started to buy all the parts and fittings I need to start doing AG at home.

Sounds good to me 25th it is. Seems I am at about the same level, just trying to get everything together for AG brews, just fermenting the boxes right now. I was doing brews at Brew works, but the quantity was too much for experimentation.

Hey, Westcoast, good meetin' ya the other night lets see if we can't get a few more locals in our "CLUB"...lol

You too hoppin.

Just to update our viewers at home, we had a great trip to Moon Under Water, a new brewpub in the Victoria area that focuses on session beers. We met one of the owners, Ron Bradley, who took us for a little tour of the brewery. He even showed us the "nano" rig (a three tier keggle based unit that would be familiar to most on this forum).

A good outing all around.

Time to revive this thread! There is a club/guild of Victoria BC brewers forming around a couple of local blogs. It looks like things are crystalizing this fall. If you are in the Victoria area and are interested contact the good folks at beerontherock.com. Cheers! :mug:

I am new to brewing, and recently moved to Victoria. I would be interested in meeting up if you are planning another one.

Hey Guys. I will be moving to Vic in September. (From Ontario) so will be wanting to go out and get to know people, visited the website great resource. Added to my favourites.

Thanks

Jeff

Welcome to the island! Can't wait to meet you. If you are on the FB, you should join our Facebook group, it is very active.

Thanks West Coast, I requested to join, so hopefully I get accepted.

I will be on the island somewhere between sept 19-21. Driving from Ontario, so it will be a few days. Want to see the beautiful country we got, and make a road trip :p

Back