Kolsch - hey Edwort, how'd it turn out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty good. It's an AG kit from Austin Home Brew. I don't have the recipe anymore, but AHBS should be able to let you know. Pretty basic with 2 German hops and a german Kolsch yeast.

No.

No more recipes from Edwort. He's already started one of the most popular thread and the most popular recipe. You're going to give the guy a swollen head. ;)

EdWort said:
It's pretty good. It's an AG kit from Austin Home Brew. I don't have the recipe anymore, but AHBS should be able to let you know. Pretty basic with 2 German hops and a german Kolsch yeast.

EdWort, i think that was the one that i bought for my first batch. According to the guys at AHB, it's the simplist one to do. If yall like i bet i could upload the recipe ;).

Tasted mine last night and wow.......this isnt going to last long at all

28.6 IBUs
3.2 SRM

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
85.0 17.00 lbs. Pilsener Germany 1.038 2
7.5 1.50 lbs. Wheat Malt Germany 1.039 2
5.0 1.00 lbs. Vienna Malt Germany 1.037 3
2.5 0.50 lbs. Caramel Pils Malt Belgium 1.034 2

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.00 oz. Hallertauer Mittelfruh Pellet 4.20 18.8 60 min.
1.50 oz. Tettnanger Pellet 4.50 7.7 30 min.
1.50 oz. Spalter Spalt Pellet 3.05 2.0 10 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 2565 Kolsch

jjasghar said:
EdWort, i think that was the one that i bought for my first batch. According to the guys at AHB, it's the simplist one to do. If yall like i bet i could upload the recipe ;).

If you still have it (the All Grain Version) please post it. I need to add it to my brew log. Thanks.

Cheesefood said:
Ed, how many n00b questions do you get regarding your Apfelwein recipe?

So far, I've fielded 13 PM's about my Apfelwein. Not too bad.

I'm going to PDF the recipe and upload it.

Back