Funny Youtube brewing video :-)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasnt sure what powdered sugar was lol

He has a new video where he shows making the kits with dry malt extract - some guys told him on his you tube site it would be better so he started making the kits that way. He says its way smoother - guess he can poubnd them down in half the time now hehehhehee

Classic!

thats better than the "Good Eats" episode on homebrewing. He is very passionate about it though, and even adds the obligatory "this is good **** man"
:drunk:

I cringed when I saw that unopened can of extract sitting in a pot of boiling water! Someday this guy is going to get a faceful of scalding hot LME.

shoot, and to believe I spend a whole hour boiling. this dude makes beer that makes him happy in about 5 min. no hops?

that's good beer!!

my favorite line is "I'm not going to chug it, I'm going to enjoy it"...then he drinks the whole beer in about 20 seconds...

EDIT: I watched CraigTube - and I have to say "what the HELL is adjunct"???

BlindLemonLars said:
I cringed when I saw that unopened can of extract sitting in a pot of boiling water! Someday this guy is going to get a faceful of scalding hot LME.

No kidding... and shrapnel. The word thermodynamics is obviously not in this guys vocabulary. There are at least three too many syllables in that word for him to comprehend.

On the flip side, he does seem happy with the end result. I wonder... If he knew how much better it could be, if he would be so happy with that swill.

Maybe that is why he is shaking, It may have already happened once but he doesn't know how to do it any other way. he sticks with what works.:D

Hello Steel Spoon. Meat Plastic Bucket. Oh no, Scratches? Damn, why does y beer taste funny all of a sudden? Uh oh, I gotts poop...

And on a serious side, yes, he is enjoying the hobby and I give him an atta boy.:rockin:

I maybe wrong about this, but aren't all canned goods canned at temperatures at or above boiling to ensure sterility. so using a double boiler like that would prevent it from going above 212F as long as there is water in the outer pan. wouldn't this mean that the pressure in the can won't reach the point where it will explode?

When he's showin' the labels of the kits he's used, he's got a Kansas state fair ribbon....I'm guessin' it's not for homebrew.

Ya'll watch the next video in the series about bottling? He starts out with corn sugar, runs out and gets the powdered sugar, get frustrated with it clumping and goes and gets the cane sugar! Says if it works out he may just switch to it!

I don't think he's as hardcore as some of the folks here are, just a dude makin' beer to get f'ed up on. I remember when I first started with kits, hell, I threw out the first batch I made 'cause it didn't taste like Bud. Maybe he'll eventually learn more and take it further, maybe not. If he's enjoying it, more power to him.

Allan

BlindLemonLars said:

:off: Interesting way to make caramel sauce - put a can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of cold water, bring it to a boil, simmer about an hour.

Viola, dolce de leche.

The can will not explode. The little safety button will pop back and forth, but no boom. Must be refrigerated after cooking, and use promptly.

Maybe I'll make a video, and be a star...:ban:

I will show you how to make great beer!

james_lipton.jpg

It really wasn't my intention to rain on the guy's parade...just to point out a potentially very dangerous practice that he's teaching. I'm sorry the guy seemed to take it so personally, but I can't really control that. Maybe that's why the video is so shaky...he's trembling with rage!

How hard would it be for him to punch a little hole with his can opener first, and avoid the danger?

BlindLemonLars said:
It really wasn't my intention to rain on the guy's parade...just to point out a potentially very dangerous practice that he's teaching. I'm sorry the guy seemed to take it so personally, but I can't really control that. Maybe that's why the video is so shaky...he's trembling with rage!

How hard would it be for him to punch a little hole with his can opener first, and avoid the danger?

Because he'd have to reshoot the can in boiling water segment and edit it into the piece. And thats sooooooooooooooo hard. :rolleyes:

This guys makes me laugh, but if he can be so nonshalant about certain aspects of the brewing process it makes me understand that I need to relax and enjoy when I get. I'm about to bottle my first brew and if I can enjoy my own 1/2 what this guys does I'm in good shape.

"This is good sh*t"...lol.

FSR402 said:
Why do people like this feel the need to teach people how to do things wrong?

It's not wrong.

It's perfectly acceptable, and he enjoys the results.

He sanitises
He uses a good Kit
He takes advice from others (DMEis better)
He enjoys the results
It's BEER.

80% of the "Home Brewers" in the world probably make beer in a VERY similar way...and enjoy the results.

Give the guy a break.:mug:

Here's a more recent submission entitled, "How I make beer now."

[youtube]T4B48ThwjNo[/youtube]

He's got some misconceptions, but he's learning, albeit rather slowly. He's enjoying the hell out of the hobby and having fun, just like a certain other albino we know...

I'll cut him some slack.

I think that I didnt even make my first batch that bad. But if its to his taste then props to him.

I like this guy. He has fun with it and worries a hell of a lot less than anyone of us. I watched a few of his videos when I first started out and I learned it can be pretty easy. He enjoys what he makes too so I say dont give him crap.

Yuri_Rage said:
Here's a more recent submission entitled, "How I make beer now."

[youtube]T4B48ThwjNo[/youtube]

He's got some misconceptions, but he's learning, albeit rather slowly. He's enjoying the hell out of the hobby and having fun, just like a certain other albino we know...

I'll cut him some slack.

Your Right Yuri, now the certain Albino makes wine.:D

[youtube]zS77T35SrPA&feature[/youtube]

I'm suprised he puts videos on youtube(so obviously he can use a computer) but that's all he can do for brewing. There are so many great brewing resources on the web, and for the most part, they are all uniform in their methods. Maybe that's all he wants to do or has time for, who knows. It just seems like anyone armed with a little more knowledge would change that method.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
I like this guy. He has fun with it and worries a hell of a lot less than anyone of us. He enjoys what he makes too so I say dont give him crap.

I agree 100%. One of his hobbies is brewing beer. He enjoys it and he makes a beer that he likes to drink. If other people don't like his methods or finished product then so what?? He likes it and that's all that matters.

Part 2 of Albino Wine is pretty funny - he put bloopers at the end...

[youtube]zpnUCUZEwTU[/youtube]

Though I think his first blooper was adding bentonite before fermentation even started.

His wine making videos aren't nearly as hideous as his brewing videos. He's learned a few things.

RICLARK said:
[youtube]05VW83AXa_s&feature=[/youtube]

he is also a very deep thinker.:D

<paraphrasing>"Does that seem wierd to you?? Does it?? Well, that's what I believe"</paraphrasing>

I was laughing out loud at this one!! Mebbe he was seeing the UFO's while he was drinkin' some of that homebrew while seein' them!

He's got a nice Ford Torino, but a couple of the "road rage" videos he's posted are a bit troubling.....

Allan

howlinowl said:
I was laughing out loud at this one!! Mebbe he was seeing the UFO's while he was drinkin' some of that homebrew while seein' them!

Allan

...and mebbe I was drinkin' some while postin' this sentence...

Back