• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

HERMS/RIMS Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I need this gone so I'm pricing it for a quick sale....Details below

controllersale2.jpg

240V/5500Watt System
-2 PIDs (Omega brand) (one for controlling the heatstick, the other for monitoring a second temp. reading)
-Capable of firing 1 5500 watt heating element, but can easily be upgraded to control two.
-K type Thermocouplers included
-Output for 1 heating element and for 1 pump (120V)
-Panel is made of steel as shown in the pictures.
-Simple operation. PIDs are turned on/off with a flip of a switch. There is a seperate switch for turning the pump on/off
-Can be used to control a RIMS or HERMS set up. I used it as a HERMS controller and it did an excellent job! It is able to maintain temps PERFECTLY at whatever mash temp you desire
-As can be seen in the photo, there is plenty of room inside the panel to add a second SSR and heatsink for controlling another heating element for a boil kettle if desired

INCLUDED:
Control panel as shown, 2 Thermocouplers with easy disconnects, cords with plugs for the heating element and a pump.
Detailed instruction manual with original documents for the PIDs and all electric components and instructions on how it works
Hooks up to a standard 30A/240V outlet (cord attached and included)

$175 plus shipping. Thanks!

I'd like a pic, and better understanding, too. I'm looking to upgrade to HERMS. If I bought this, what else would I need to transition? Thanks

I'm not sure why my picture is not showing above?

To use this for RIMS or HERMS you would simply need to have either a RIMS tube with a heating element or a HERMS vessel (HLT with a heating element inside and recirculation plumbing)

If you wanted to use this for your boiling you would only need to install a heating element into your boil kettle.

Still available. Taking reasonable offers! I need to get rid of this, my wife is sick of looking at it:)

You would need a different cord to plug into a 120v outlet. I'm not sure what internal components would need to be changed though.
Hey, by the way, I used to live in Madison Heights.

Fair enough. Would be a bit of work then. So its not for me.

GLWS

Small world...It's not a bad place to live and has some close homebrew shops and microbreweries.

Hey Hatfield. Is this control panel still available? Do you have some pics of the inside?

Current price? Interested in trades?

It is still available. I'm leaving for vacation in about 30 minutes so I won't be able to sell until I get back on the 27th. Here are a couple more pics.
controllersale.jpg

controllersale4.jpg

controllersale3.jpg

I'll take $120 for it if you pay shipping. I need this gone! I can't really think of anything I need for trade right now.

Latest posts

Back