South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 11!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it looks like Thursday the 27th is going to be the day. Weather.com isnt shower the forecast for either day so once its all clear(the weather), i'll PM everyone and let them know for sure about the 26th or 27th.

... and just in case anyone missed it the first time:
UPDATE
I just got off the phone with NCM. She confirmed that the order was rescheduled to go out on the 21st becaue they are out of a few brands of malt. This is the busiest time of year for them.
With that being said, we will need to reschedule our pickup for the following Wednesday(26)/Thursday(27). What day is better for everyone? I'll have to check the weather after work.

So it looks like Thursday the 27th is going to be the day. Weather.com isnt shower the forecast for either day so once its all clear(the weather), i'll PM everyone and let them know for sure about the 26th or 27th.

Last Call
Anyone else in on this buy brewing belgian style brews (dubbels/darks) interested in quarts of the real deal D2 belgian candi syrup at right around 3 pounds in a quart?

D2 Belgian Candi Syrup - This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable.
syrup will contribute 1.032 PPG. 100 SRM Suggested usage rate is up to 1 cup per 5 gallons.

very good deal

List To Date Of D2 Quarts:

rtt121 = 2

ferman = 1

b0r0da = 2

ty5592 = 1

indigi = 1

infection = 2

Dschuetz = 3

chrisdb = 2

Ryan0914 = 2

Sockevi = 1

Martin2D = 1

A big thanks to everyone who toss a few donations my way! I'm going to upgrade my account tonight.

Clear your inbox everyone, updated pickup info is coming through tonight!

I am not able to make it to pickup on the 27th, will be out of town on business. Is there anyone in Bucks County or far NE Philly that could grab my 2 bags and I'll meet up with you the following week?

As always, I'll start a new one after this one is complete. There is some stuff I'm running low on too

Anyone able to hold my bags until Friday morning/afternoon in Jersey? I'll be in Camden Friday morning. If not, I'll see you Thursday night.

Martin - I can hold them if you cannot find anyone closer. I am in Williamstown and will be brewing Friday afternoon if you want to stop by and pick them up then.

Martin, if you can't make it to Williamstown, let me know. I can hold your grain in Mount Laurel.

With so many people involved this time, it would be best to try to pick up for other people. We don't want to fill the lot with cars!

Please keep me in mind for the next buy, these group buys always seem to hide on me until it't too late lol

jblizz, since you posted in this thread, you'll be subscribed and get notifications about new posts. I will post in this thread when I start the next group buy. Should be a little over a week.

Just a few reminders:

If you can carpool, please do! Since there is so many more people expected at pickup, we need to pay very close attention that we are not in the way of the trucks!

If you can pickup for other members, please do!

I was also thinking, anyone willing to give up a bottle or 2 of homebrew for the kind people over at NEMF? If we can get enough people to chip in, I'm sure they will be even cooler about us using their space.

See everyone on Thursday! Lets hope the weather holds out!

lordura said:
Just a few reminders:

If you can carpool, please do! Since there is so many more people expected at pickup, we need to pay very close attention that we are not in the way of the trucks!

If you can pickup for other members, please do!

I was also thinking, anyone willing to give up a bottle or 2 of homebrew for the kind people over at NEMF? If we can get enough people to chip in, I'm sure they will be even cooler about us using their space.

See everyone on Thursday! Lets hope the weather holds out!

I can bring a few bottles

I'd feel them out with the offering of alcohol to the dock/forklift drivers. If you can talk to the dock foreman, or night shift receiving/shipping supervisor, I'd approach him/her with the offerings and let the distribute it, rather then just anyone loading or unloading trucks. You could have someone lose their job if it was against policy to receive gratuities or alcoholic beverages.

I'm going to swing by NEMF tonight to check out the parking lot. As you can guess, it would need to be plowed/dry.
Please check back here late tonight or early tomorrow morning in case we need to push the pickup back. No one wants wet grain!

Back