Drip Trays - Where to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
These things are seriously expensive! :(

At the prices I have seen around the websites, etc., my drip tray will be the single most expensive component of my kegerator. I have pieced everything else together relatively cheaply.

Any cheaper drip trays around? I don't care how it looks or whether or not its stainless.

If anyone is ready to get rid of one, I'd buy a used one, too.

olllllo said:

Yeah! I started that thread. But I don't think that the soap dish is the right choice. I am not sure how well I could attach it to my kegerator. It looks like it has a "lip" around the perimeter which would prevent it from being attached to the fridge in a truly horizontal position. It looks like a great option for a tower build in which the drip tray sits on a flat surface.

I had a friend in a machine shop bend one from a sheet of stainless. Mabe if you made a template from cardboard, someone in that trade could hook you up.

DISSECTION TRAY

I just ordered two of them. Unfortunately, AS&S doesn't have a picture, but for $8 each, I bit. I can build the backs up with wood, if necessary.

I got this one from ACU for $60, all stainless. This was back in May. I believe that ACU has increased their prices a little since then. The tower is also from ACU.

John

DSC02100copy.jpg

I think having the taps on the side is the only way to go. What did you do to make sure you didn't hit anything you shouldn't? Any help would be great?

Check on ebay - I got a really nice brass one for $20. Of course, the seller was in England so it took about a month to get it.

sonvolt said:
Yeah! I started that thread. But I don't think that the soap dish is the right choice. I am not sure how well I could attach it to my kegerator. It looks like it has a "lip" around the perimeter which would prevent it from being attached to the fridge in a truly horizontal position. It looks like a great option for a tower build in which the drip tray sits on a flat surface.

I'm the one who recommended the soap dish. Sorry I just assumed you had a top tower kegerator. Yeah that'd be a hard fit for mounting on a fridge door, but it sits perfectly on top of the fridge!:D

sonvolt said:
That's the best deal I've seen. I put my taps 6" apart on center. I wonder if I can get away with just one of these? In retrospect, 5 inches would have been better in terms of getting away with just one drip tray.

Yea, I put mine probably about 5" apart. If I ever am allowed (swmbo) to take over the whole fridge I'd have two more taps and just bore them the same distance from the outside and get another $24 drip tray.

574-VentmaticTap2-web.JPG

I don't know why they don't offer wider one's that don't have such a high backsplash which just increases the cost. WTF is splashing anyway?

My kegerator is 3' wide. I have four taps 8" apart. I plan to use PVC rain gutter with a leaf screen for a drip tray.

Back