Honey Powder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, never heard anyone using it and I wouldn't want to be the first.

Their description of this stuff is just amazing. Apparently honey can cure anything, make you run faster and just make you a better person. Though admittedly, dehydrated honey doesn't sound bad, but I wouldn't use it for a mead. I would like to try it as a sugar replacement perhaps, but not 50 lbs of it.

i like finding great deals on stuff but that jus sounds nasty, i wouldnt let my enamy ferment that
besides with that much built up hype in the description id be awefully afraid of the big let down after spending over 200$
if you really want to try it out look for a much smaller quantity to make a 1 gallon batch with

Interesting. They claim it is 100% raw honey, but a little research says 70% is about the limit for a dry powder. It also looks like it is intended for baking. I haven't tried it, but I have tried brewing with baking malt extracts and they are different from brewing extracts.

I've seen this stuff at an asian market near me. I think they manly use it as a sweetener for tea. Maybe in a couple months, when all my carboys are filled and bullk aging, I'll get bored and experiment with a 1 gallon batch.

Back