Used my heavy duty kettle and wort chiller today for first time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
WOW!!!

Sits perfectly across two burners on the stove and maintained a good rolling boil right at 212.

The best part for me was the fact that I just had to open the valve and let the wort drain into the fermenter. The hole being high enough off the floor of the kettle to leave just the cold break at the bottom and get almost none of it into the kettle!!!

Chiller worked great but it's a small one. I have a 50' section of 1/2OD copper tube wrapped around a keg to make my own larger chiller to speed things up even more.

Still... both pieces of equipment while simple... impressed me with how much easier it was to boil, chill and siphon the wort into the carboy.

:)

It's all about having the right tools for the job. Now all you need is a ported better bottle, and racking to your secondary will be just as easy, and FAST!

I use glass carboys so I might still have to do it the old fashioned way till my gf buys off on getting a conical and a fridge.

Back