coupling placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
just got my couplings and was wondering if placement should be exactly half way through the keg or if i should have it flush with the inside of the keg?

also, i noticed that the nipples and couplings i have do not screw in all the way by hand. is this normal? would i have to tighten with a wrench everytime. i got the fittings from www.morebeer.com

Pipe nipples and couplings are tapered threads. They will not thread all the way in.

You can put them in half way if you are welding them in.

thanks. i am welding them in. so being that they dont thread all the way in, i shouldnt be tightening them with a wrench then. I've never heard about anyone sanitizing their wrench for brewing. :)

thanks. i am welding them in. so being that they dont thread all the way in, i shouldnt be tightening them with a wrench then. I've never heard about anyone sanitizing their wrench for brewing. :)

I actually did that... well i cleaned one really well and tightened a fitting in my mash tun when it came loose.

Back