Bottle conditioning lagers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffjjpkiser1

Reaction score
I was reading a thread earlier about bottle conditioning lagers but couldn't find it so I'm posting a new thread.

I was reading that if I'm bottle conditioning a lager I should let it condition at room temp for 2-3 weeks which is what I've been doing.

There was advice posted that I could use Nottingham dry yeast to insure no off tastes.

The problem is that I primed with corn sugar (like all my other beers) and capped them already (4 days ago). What are the chances that some yeast still exist that could eat the corn sugar? or should I open them all up and re-prime them with Nottingham yeast to guarantee they're good?

Condition at the same temp as you brewed at. Check the temp range for the yeast that you used.

True lager is brewed and bottle conditioned at temps much lower than room temperature. Lager style kits are, however, just that. A style brewed at ale temperatures.

Back