What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SN Ruthless Rye. I love the smell on this one.

ForumRunner_20130130_203803.png

bmwmunk said:
21st Amendment
Marooned on Hog Island
Stout brewed with oyster shells

LOVE this beer!!!!!

Nice! I've heard of that but never had it. Not available here. Sounds good!

Dempsey's PSA "Extra" IPA

Crazy malty, smooth. Not as hoppy as expected, little grassy. A solid local beer.

image-2872473955.jpg

Bells Hopslam 1-10-13 bottle. Hmm,this 2nd bottle Im noticeing the weird dry astringent/grainy taste to it. Astringent/medicine/alcohol drying grassy maybe? Didnt notice that before on my first bottle the other day.Pretty euphoric aroma though.Sometimes if my fridge is too cold,I think it does something not good to my other beers also though, for some reason it seems. Its good it does seem a little off in taste somehow though.Yeah I think it has hot/dry alcohol to it.Mmm minty mouthwash.:) Not that I use scope but it does seem to have a resemblance. Makes me want to gargle a little. Seems a little unstable. Maybe when the hops mellow it will reveal its identity? Maybe I should fridge age one and celler age one,think I may do that.

xMalachi said:
How's that taste? It looks beautiful. I'd be interested in a recipe if you don't mind sharing.

Let me get my notes and I will pm it to you tomorrow. Hard to describe the taste, punchy citrus, spicy rye and a really creamy body and head. Very good, if I do say so myself.

unita detour double IPA been in the fridge a few weeks and looked mighty tasty tonight, and well it didnt disapoint from all the other unita's i had this one is the best guess it came in a big bottle for a reason. lol

8-bit pale ale,from Tallgrass. Its worth trying but not buying 2- 4 packs like I did really in my opinion.I woulda been ok with one 4 pack. Summertime and outdoors, I guess that would be better having more of them. Not exactly my kind of pale ale though. Think Id rather have a SN Pale over this really,maybe.

allenH said:
Northern Brewer Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter. My last pm brewed 7 months ago, I wish I had more of it left now.

Just brewed this Sunday night. How is it? Tasted pretty good on the way into primary....

Schneider Weisse Original.

Very nice - strong spice and orange peel taste... some spice I can't put my name on - something mildly sour, can't think of it.

LoloMT7 said:
+1 lagunitas always hooks me too.. the red, lucky 13, and lil sumpin all kick ass

I found a 6 pack of Lagunitas Sucks but was working and in a work truck so couldn't pick it up. Gotta convince SWMBO that we need to make a little road trip to a liquor store to pick it up.

Leadgolem said:
Real sake, or rice wine?

Some gingery cider that was supposed to be an apply ginger ale.

Heh, it's funny how people keep referring to the product from our thread as sake. The only thing it has in common with sake is that they are both made from rice.

I found a 6 pack of Lagunitas Sucks but was working and in a work truck so couldn't pick it up. Gotta convince SWMBO that we need to make a little road trip to a liquor store to pick it up.

I hate the "no beer in company vehicle" thing. It's not like I will be an idiot and drink it from the bottle!

I recently moved to the Pacific Northwest from the Midwest, so I'm slowly (but surely) trying all the new brews I find at the grocery store.

Tonight, it's Kona's Longboard Island lager. While I don't know what the style guidline is for 'island lager', this beer is exactly what I expected... vision a bunch of tourists sitting at a Waikiki beach bar, pounding these down one after another. That's exactly what it is. That said: I'm actually enjoying this. As a brewer who's tried to do Light American Lagers myself, it's REALLY tough to brew this style! There's nothing (malt/hop flavors) to cover-up your mistakes when brewing Light American Lagers. I'll put it to ya this way... If I were trying to homebrew a Light American Lager, and came even close to this, I would be completely satisfied. This is a great example of the style. It doesn't have any off-flavors at all. It smells nice, is balanced, is clear, the 'early morning pee yellow' color is right on the mark, and it finishes clean and crisp. This isn't like Bud/Miller/Coors puts out... I don't detect any 'beachwood' or 'rice' (adjunct) flavors. So I would guess it's all-malt. I think Kona brewing company hit the bullseye with this beer.

How's that anti-gravity camera working out for you? ;) Seriously, though how is that? I really liked their dopplebock so if that's any indication of the level of beer they're putting out in the series that's a good beer.

Right now I am having a Size 7 IPA courtesy of my man, Nordy. It's even better the second time around. Thanks, man!

Attachments

• 20130131_022100.jpg
    20130131_022100.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 193
Back