Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bust Head Brewery. No great reason. I read somewhere that it's slang for home brewed beers so it seemed to fit. Still need an image to put on my brews.

Modified Brewing... I an into body Modification and I consider myself a Proud Modified member of the Community:) I have ear lobes stretched to 38mm an 8.5mm hole punched in the top flat of my ear, full sleeve tattoos, tattooed hands... Also I cook professionally for a living and I Modify recipes to suit my style and taste all the time, something I do with all beer recipes I brew as well. Working on a logo now, pretty sure it will feature my ear all stretched out and holy!!!

Juggling Dogs Brewing Co.
Basically I brew at night when the rest of the family is asleep. Except the two mutts that call my house there home!!

408300_10150483865043099_572913098_8882576_662198885_n.jpg

My buddy just made that up for me. We originally were looking for something that was common/catchy/funny but hasn't been used yet...we landed on Awkward Turtle. It just so happened that used to be my name at a theme restaurant I served at.

Several years playing Eve Online mostly spent with a corp named Lords of Kaos and an alliance named Systematic Chaos. Our corp had a chat channel called Kaotica.

With that and my brew day style, Kaotic Brew Co seemed a good enough fit.

Eventually will do a logo with the name font, but here's a label.

681e133e.jpg

I think I'm going with.....Slate Cellar Brewing, with the slogan "Fracking good beer!" The reason for the name is we have an old victorian house with dirt floor cellar and a slate foundation. I wanted to go with Barking Dog Brewery but there is one called that already.

leaky faucet brewing co.

bathtub wouldn't stop dripping, could hear it through the night. it's a name i kept coming back to. taps only leak in a "good" way though, hence the "damn things never seem to shut off."

wild/sour beers are part of the "funked-up pipeline project," keeping with the plumbing theme. website, blog, logo, and whatever else forthcoming.

and yes, the bathtub no longer drips.

b

I'm a huge NASCAR fan so we named the bar in our house the "NASBAR". Then I started brewing and started the "NASBREWERY" which produces "NASBREW".

NASBREWERY.jpg

I was reading this forum and was trying to come up with an idea for a name, and it hit me then I thought how come I didnt think of it sooner.... I should use "Busted Knuckle Brewery". I come from a line of mechanics and well to be honest my brewing is happening in the garages so why not.

I have mulled it over and came up with Large Rock Brewing.

I am a surf fisherman and target Striped Bass exclusively. This one place I fish there is one rock I found that sits within casting distance of a dropoff that holds LARGE stripers each fall. These fish range from 20 to well upwards of 40 pounds.

The rock itself is not large per se but the fish I catch from it are.

No ideas for a label yet but I have some time.

43#5-28-11.jpg

36#6-11-11.jpg

Mine's another dog story. We have an Ibizan Hound named Blanca (she's all white with a little bit of red on her ears). She has a ton of nick names. One is 'Beezy', which is derived from her being an Eye-beez-un (phonetic) hound. It got shorted to just Beezy. Come to find out that Beezy is slang for a bitchy girl (so I am told by my 17 yo niece). The bee on the logo is a yellow jacket, which was the mascot for my high school. It's also there to plant a psychological seed to aid in recollection.

Beezy-Brewing.jpg

Duck Water Mist

So, the first brew I made was a pale ale that I used an ingredient kit for. At the same liquid hobby shop I bought a clone brew recipe book to go by. I decided to follow the Sierra Nevada recipe as close as I could, so this went into making the name.

When I thought of Sierra I thought of Sierra Mist. So I decided to use the word Mist in the name. I wanted to include something to do with Nevada so I looked up cities in Nevada, and the one that stood out was Duck Water, Nevada.

image-877973258.jpg

image-3391516839.jpg

My name dawned on me the other day: Sweetgum Brewing.

We bought our house here in GA six months ago and it is on a lot full of sweetgum trees. I love the house and the huge lot it sits on but these damn gumballs are the bane of my existence. Since my beer will be brewed in the shade of these sweetgum trees, it seemed to be the natural choice.

Coal Room Brewery:
I've been brewing for a year and a half now and live in and older house with a small narrow brick room in the basement that use to be the coal room back in the day. It has slowly turned into my beer room. Its where I store all of my brewing equipment along with a heat box for fementing ales and a small fridge for my ales. Not the most original name I know but it just seemed like the most natural and fitting for me.

Although I had a long debate between this and my second choice "Guilty Pleasure Brewery", since I'm a hardcore geek such as movies, TV sci-fi and fantasy (along with beer) which surprises some people because I'm also a big sports fan (as if you cant be one or another.) So there may be a change in the future if i ever move out of the coal room.

I've been brewing a little over a year now. The neighborhood I live in is called Berkeley, so BCBC was born, Berkeley Colorado Beer Company.

My partner and I call our efforts Wallhanger Banger Brewing Co. It refers to a campfire song about a trophy whitetail....and coincidentally an epic hangover.lol

Single aLe Brewing

My last name is Philips, with one L. My disc golf buddies started calling me Single L at league and tournaments due to the consistent misspelling of my name with two L's at these events (and really its in every occasion since birth, but these guys grabbed a hold of it). A play on that came to me on my second brew day and it stuck.

I've decided on Doppelfaust Brau. Back in my partying days thats how me and my friends would roll. The "Doulble Fist", one beer in each hand and usually one in our back pocket.

Me and my roomates used to get drunk and tell pol we were a trike you could get one of it was a package deal. Now me and my one roomate brew. We decided on Tryke Brewing Co. Any suggestions on a logo?

I'm of German background. My grandparents drank beer as though it was water. They even cooked with it (I make a mean jager schnitzel).. I want to incorporate my German roots and name into my hobby. So, my brewery name is Stauff's Brauerei..

My first initial is M and my wifes is S. So while emptying some bottles for our first batch we came up with S&M Brewing.

I am a Yankee from Maine and my wife is a Southern baptist from Florida. I am White and she is Black

Two-Worlds just seems to fit well :D

In Pari Delicto Brewery - latin for 'equally at fault.' it's a common law doctrine that basically says because both parties were equally at fault any relief sought shall be denied, applies to criminal and civil actions.
I've always felt that if I offer you one of my beers, if anything goes wrong, say extreme disappointment or the sudden belief you've been poisoned, you're equally responsible for your predicament by agreeing to drink it.
it doesn't really apply if i poisoned someone with homebrew that i offer them - but it's a cute idea i thought.:tank:

Been making wine for several years and beer for the last couple years. Friends come over for a sample and seem to git all 'tanglefoot' so thus the name.
cheers, :mug:
Tanglefoot-out

I'm stumped and have been this way for a few years now. I cannot for the life of me come up with a decent and clever brewery name.

Or, for that matter, a new screen name that is something more interesting than 'Chriso'.

Makes me want to pull out a dictionary and go through it until I find some forgotten word that is not widely used on the Interwebs.

Or give up and just name it 'Obsessive Fermentations' or something.

Point Ybel Brewing Company. Named after the small strip of land on the east end of Sanibel Island that the lighthouse sits on. Giving new meaning to the phrase "Island Hopping".

My fiancee and I are new to the homebrew game (just bottled our first batch tonight!) but I think we decided to name our creations after one of our favorite albums. So I guess whatever we craft will be under the "Spirit of Eden Brewery" label. :)

Spang Brew.

Spang is my last name, but it also has a nice German flare to it. Even though I have yet to brew a German style beer.

Here's my logo. It's my nephew's face. Took me 10 minutes.

297268_276276975719874_207303529283886_1303897_8272898_n.jpg

I finally settled on a name. I love old motorcycles, strong coffee, and high octane brews, so The Throttled Bottle Brewing Company seemed to fit well. Now to work on a logo....

Back