Mephistopheles: T-Minus 4 Days, 16 hours...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
My WLP099 should arrive tomorrow. I'll smack that ***** as soon as it arrives. Once it swells (it'd better swell), I'll pitch it into a 1L starter. Once that's done, I'll dump another liter of wort in. Once that's done, I'll go another round, until I have a massive crapload of yeast. Then I'll crash-cool it and decant off the liquid. Hopefully, this will all be done by Saturday. I plan on waking up around 5 or 6am. With this massive grain bill, I have a feeling that I'll be needing plenty of time to boil off all the liquid. Maybe my new traceable waterproof digital thermometer will be here by then...that would be nice.

Wish me luck...

PseudoChef said:
I thought I read your other half made you take a break for a while...or am I just missing something?

Oh...yeah, that was awhile ago. I brewed a batch of ed's haus pale (or my variation thereof) on my birfday (July3). That kinda broke the hiatus. Another month or so's gone by...I guess it's time to step it up. When you take a break from brewing for more than a few weeks, you know, you can't come roaring back with some kind of wimpy shiznit. So, yeah, Mephistopheles. :tank:

My new 55lb sack of Gleneagles Maris Otter should be delivered today along with the WLP099. And I just got confirmation that my badass new thermometer (thanks, johnsma22!) should be here by Thursday. Now I jst need some bottled water, and Saturday morning should be a go. I'll be getting the first step of the starter going tonight.

Back