Corona Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually read that thread earlier today. I got all the stuff to make something similar to yours just missing the mill. I was a little paranoid and didnt want to make a bad purchase. Thanks for the help ;)

15$. Wow. I paid 55 for my victoria. Man, i love it ,so easy, no more sweating with a wine bottle and smashing the crap out of my grains for another hour.Wine bottle is as cheap as it gets but this is a way better crush.

You will probably brake the handle cause afterall it is cheap... but no worries, find a bolt that fits and use a hand drill with a socket on it to motorize it. 20lbs of grain in less than 10 minutes ground to perfection! BTW, when in doubt, set it tighter. stuck sparges with all barley grain bills are more of a legend than something that actually happens.

Wow, I think I'm gonna have to get one of these... Let me know if it comes with a dust overspray shield, ( not pictured in the ad). Or does anyone have a nifty idea of how to make one?

I use a plastic grocery bag with the bottom ripped open. The mill is mounted to a one by four that I strap over the mash tun. crushed grain falls right in and I'm ready to go.

shafferpilot said:
I use a plastic grocery bag with the bottom ripped open. The mill is mounted to a one by four that I strap over the mash tun. crushed grain falls right in and I'm ready to go.

Nice! Super easy simple and effective, the true signs of brilliance right? Ha.. Ha.. Thank's.

Nice! Super easy simple and effective, the true signs of brilliance right? Ha.. Ha.. Thank's.

i feel that if one single piece of my brewing equipment isn't hill-billied in some way, my soul would die a little every time i brewed... so i make sure every piece is loaded to the hilt with hill-billiism.

davel57 said:
Love how the shipping is more than the mill, still the final price is pretty reasonable.

Ha..ha.. I didn't even notice...

shafferpilot said:
i feel that if one single piece of my brewing equipment isn't hill-billied in some way, my soul would die a little every time i brewed... so i make sure every piece is loaded to the hilt with hill-billiism.

I'm right there with you man...ha..ha..

I got a mill with a smaller hopper, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E34C5M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 . I like the smaller hopper just because it fits in a bucket better which makes it easier to build a contraption like this one:
2011-03-12_17-00-20_328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back