Austin TX Home Depot Cooler deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim chillingsworth

Reaction score
I don't know if this is because of the manufacturer change posted a while back, but the Austin TX Home Depot on I35 has it's 5 gallon water coolers on sale for $19, and 10 gallon for $39. I don't have much of a need for one, figured I'd give a heads up for anyone in the area. Been on sale at least a week now.

I paid 39 for a couple 10 gallon ones a year or so ago. Get them while they have them. They work great!

Ryanh1801 said:
Have they gone up in price that much? I paid a lot less for mine and it was not on sale.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1961931

$30 for the same style.

i already have a 70qt MLT. i thought about getting a 5g for smaller batches, but i can't see it being worth it considering i'd need a new manifold. hope someone can take advantage of this deal.

I paid 39 for a couple 10 gallon and it's great !
zippo.bmp

slim chillingsworth said:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1961931

$30 for the same style.

i already have a 70qt MLT. i thought about getting a 5g for smaller batches, but i can't see it being worth it considering i'd need a new manifold. hope someone can take advantage of this deal.

You can get the 5 gallon that you linked to for $18 at Sam's club every day.

EdWort said:
You can get the 5 gallon that you linked to for $18 at Sam's club every day.

wish i would've known that when i was looking for an MLT. i guess this isn't as much of a deal as i thought, but they're certainly on the clearance rack.

I don't know if this is because of the manufacturer change posted a while back, but the Austin TX Home Depot on I35 has it's 5 gallon water coolers on sale for $19, and 10 gallon for $39. I don't have much of a need for one, figured I'd give a heads up for anyone in the area. Been on sale at least a week now.

Are they Igloos?

If they are on the clearance rack then the 39.90 isn’t the price for the Igloo coolers I went a few months back and bought the 10 gallon Igloos for 16$ a piece the 10's were 7.50

39.90 was the price they were last fall and was still on the cooler I bought

gott1.jpg

ok i believe we have established that i have no idea what things are supposed to cost.

*snort*

I bought a 10 gallon "Home Depot" branded Rubbermaid today for 39. Was picking up other items and tossed it in the cart as well. I'll be switching over this summer to AG, so I figured I'll need it sooner or later and it was the last one they had.

Back