Beer Alchemy or Beer Tools Pro?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
So I have a Mac and my demo is almost up for Beer Alchemy, so I need to decide if I want to buy a license or go with BTP. I like Beer Alchemy, but there's a lot of things that I'm not all that enamored with, including export options, mash calculations, and recipe-batch interface. Has anyone used both of these, and which would you recommend?

EDIT: I just noticed the Mac native software thread, but I guess just comparing these two. I'm also a solely AG brewer.

As much as I've gone through a love/hate relationship with BTP, I think it's up and coming and you'll have more oportunities to share native recipes and discuss functionality on BTP since it's cross platform. Development has been sadly slow, but they should be beta testing the next release pretty soon.

I'm a Beer Alchemy fan, and if you check out a couple of the threads here you'll see the application's author has checked in here a couple times. There was an update just in the last week or two as well. Beer Alchemy has a trial period, so you can take it for a spin yourself, which is more than I can say for BTP.

Back