Enclosure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
Looking for an enclosure in the 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 6" size range cheeper than $55 shipped, for some reason not having any luck on ebay.

If you got a link or lead please share :D

Tim

I went with a plastic enclosure from Home Depot. It was about the size you are requesting and it was cheap, about $30.

Some of the BUD Plc enclosures on amazon are in that size and price range. I used a smaller on 8x11 and it worked great for an eBIAB panel.

how many computer u.p.s. boxes (Battery back ups) have you thrown away over the years.?
I've built many projects out of those. (If you don't need rain tite)

I already have a control panel, but was hesitant to put all of the stuff in it. Reason being that the 50A cord I have is very thick and heavy and it wouldn't suit the pedestal mounted panel very well and would be heavy and unwieldy. I would prefer to place the guts in a box inside the brew stand and just have the control panel for buttons and switches, etc.

This thread has provided a few great examples of things I could use for under the rig, mounting the cables close to the kegs and actually providing a few feet more of cord length.

In my case I discovered an old, large KVM switch box that I think I can use for my purposes. If not, then I have a few alternatives that def will.

Probably best to go deeper... I managed to fit a PID in a 4" deep box, but some are longer than others.

I have a steel industrial enclosure I'd be willing to part with, I don't know what shipping would cost though? Let me take a look and see what I have. I know I have a couple about that size. BRB.

What I have is a Hoffman A1212CH
http://www.hoffmanonline.com/produc...78064,186&itemIDs=2929,3961&catalog_item=3961
The website says it's 29 lbs. I don't think it does. It's lighter. What is your Zip code, to estimate shipping? mine is 48150. The one I have has (3) 3/8 pilot holes in the bottom. I'd like $25 plus shipping. The pics are of the actual enclosure.

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

lol, we'll turn this into a buy/sell thread soon. i'm tempted too toymaker

I have more than one...I need to get it weighed... What are your ZIP's? Mine's 48150 If you want to check shipping. The Hoffman website says 29 lbs, I don't believe it....

I'll second the offer to buy one after the OP and first offer are settled. I'm located in 85224.

Sorry, been buried at work. Cant figure shipping on this damn Army network, price of being deployed.

Ship to 80925, PM me a final price, and it can be shipped regular post no need for priority.

Tim

Back