Transfering and bottling stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwirthlin

Reaction score
My buddy mentioned that he wanted to get a transferring/bottling stand a while ago so I threw this together for his birthday. Hopefully it'll work out for him. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I figured out a few things I'd like to change when I make one for myself hahahaha. Only about 7 hours of work and $30 worth of materials. I'm planning on staining and putting a few coats of lacquer on before I give it to him. I'll post a few pictures of the final product.

image-1888966086.jpg

image-2699470065.jpg

image-3908181679.jpg

Nice craftmanship, that thing looks slick. I think if I were to make something like that, I would leave the "fence" off of one side on both platforms, just so that it is easier to move full buckets/carboys on and off of them without stirring up a bunch of trub.

AndrewD said:
Nice craftmanship, that thing looks slick. I think if I were to make something like that, I would leave the "fence" off of one side on both platforms, just so that it is easier to move full buckets/carboys on and off of them without stirring up a bunch of trub.

That's what I'm going to change. I figured that out when I filled my bottling bucket up and tried to put it up on the top platform. I'll adjust the angle on the top platform as well, from 30 degrees to 20 or 25. I'll give it to him fully assembled and tell him it's a lot easier to get buckets and carboys up there when the side rails are off.

image-1101754950.jpg

You could have a swing arm that is out of the way while loading but swings in and locks to some type of lug to help support that unsupported corner once it is bearing weight.

rekoob said:
Very Nice!!! If I still bottled I might take your idea/build and make something like this myself. Very cool.

Thanks! I can't wait to quit bottling, I gotta get a few more pieces of equipment for brewing then ill start working on getting kegs.

Huaco said:
You could have a swing arm that is out of the way while loading but swings in and locks to some type of lug to help support that unsupported corner once it is bearing weight.

That's what I was thinking. When I make one for myself, I'll build a gate on one side with a couple hinges at the top so I can swing it around and it'll rest on the back side of the upper platform when loading. Then just swing it back in to place and use a couple lag bolts and some wing nuts so it'll be easy to screw on and off. Even with nothing supporting it on the one side it's still strong as hell. There's 5 3" dry wall screws supporting each up right section on the top platform. I could probably sit up there and hold the carboy myself

Latest posts

Back