How far apart to place taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to place mine far enough apart to get my mouth on the tap, in case I ever run out of glasses :)

It does really depend on the size tap handles you want as well as how many taps your going to have. I would go minimum of 4" center to center. I have one keezer where they are 3" on center and that is too close for a few of my handles.

The inside of the door on my fridge is separated into 2 halves so you can't put one in the center. I put the first tap handle in the center of one half of the fridge door, so if you're looking at the front, its 3/4 across. I put the next tap handle to the left of it, spaced on an interval where I can eventually fit up to 6 taps, evenly spaced. Not that I ever will, but setting the second one dictates even spacing for all the rest.

I just spaced mine out evenly along my coffin. Its a 24" board with 4 taps, so think I came out to 5" from the center line on the taps and had a 4.5" gap on the sides.

I have 4 mounted as close to each other as the trim rings will allow, which permits all of them to fit where the ice dispenser was on my side-by-side fridge. No complaints.

I'm using an old side by side refrigerator/freezer. I plan to use the refrigerator side for two kegs leaving the freezer side for storing frozen foods and ice making duties. I will only have two taps so I just need them far enough apart to allow the use of any collection devices, cups, mugs, pitchers, growlers, or other devices. 4" centers sounds pretty good and I will more than likely go with that. I don't have a drip tray yet but am going to order one in the next day or two that will attach to the front of the frdge door and can be removed for cleaning.

Thanks for the replies

Back