HBT Official Memorable Quotes Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the first quotable quote that was actually generated WITHIN the quotable quotes thread!? :D

And if I quote you, does that mean we create some mirror within mirror onto infinity vortex, or does the earth simply implode like when they start up that bleading surperconductor they keep delaying?:D

Revvy has managed a one liner, as well as a quotable thought!

Yeah it's alway easier to swallow a good delusion than to accept a painful truth.

For example I constantly tell myself that those "19 year old bisexual strippers" that send me messages on myspace actually did read my profile and really do think my 43 year old sorry ass is "hawt." I never write back, (I wouldn't want to deprive them of their fantasies) but simply bask in the glory of my uber-studliness...It keeps me warm at night while I sleep in my bed...alone. :D

Must be a VERY experienced brewer to not be able to tell the difference between 3 styles as distinct and different as Apple Wine, Hard Cider, and Apfelwein. I could Identify the difference in my sleep with a half a Jalapeño shoved in each nostril, and Clothespin on my left testicle!

We'll see if BK's along here soon...methinks my response to this might be quote worthy as well.

We'll see if BK's along here soon...methinks my response to this might be quote worthy as well.

OK, I'll play. The response was also worthy! :)

There's one for the quote thread....as soon as I can stop wincing in pain, from that imagery...Hopefully my balls will drop back down soon...they haven't retracted that fast in self protection since the day I fell through the ice when I was a kid :D

......But i somehow get the feeling that people are starting to taylor thier post to guarantee inclusion in the memorable quotes thread! ;)

As Mark Twain once never said:- "No officer, I never put the pink tutu on that goat, and even if I did, I would deny it"

......But i somehow get the feeling that people are starting to taylor thier post to guarantee inclusion in the memorable quotes thread! ;)

I didn't...BUT I have had the same theory lately, and was considering posting something about that..I will say though that since this thread has come about, the quality of the witticism has risen immensely!

:rockin:

If the shizzit continues to be as funny as Big Kahuna's quote, people can taylor all day long.

Blowing the cobwebs off this thread...

Well...this is the perfect time to ask yourself if this woman is really worth this hassle. If the answer is yes, you may need to keg later. I'd rather have the cool fermentation chamber than the beer on tap.

You could always knock her up...then you'd need to get a bigger place.

icon_204.gif

We were talking about a certain someone in chat....

BigKahuna said:
She's the ONLY red Head I've ever looked twice at....I know she's hot...dont' care if you're ****en blind in one eye and gay in the other.

this made me laugh my ass off:drunk:

Damn, you've got a better temperament than I. 4 or 5 minutes in, I wanted to cave in that guy's pelvis with my fist. Some of it was funny, in the kind of way that watching retarded people try to play scrabble is funny. But most of it was just grating, annoying babble.
BashHead.gif

Purely on it's own merits as a theme hymn for the American beer revolution and with absolutely NO hints (cough) from it's author that it could be included in this thread......

......I give you.....

......Wait for it......

The Homebrewer's new anthem of the nation!!!

(Drum roll)

(drum roll fade)

Fireworks! BANG BANG BANG!!!!

Oh crap, a speech from the President. (Yaddah yaddah yaddah)

Oooh!! More fireworks!!! BOOM BANG BANG!!

And here it is!! (Without any hints from the author)

BANG BANG BANG!

Oops! I didn't see the extra fireworks coming! ...Sorry...

Here it is!!!! OUR NEW ANTHEM!!!!

Battle Hymn of the "Homebrew-public" Lyrics by Revvy

Mine tongue has known the glory of the taste of real ale;
Whether homebrewed or micro, no matter stout or pale;
It hath loosed the tongue of many be it a man or female;
Ale's truth is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Our Homebew-jah! Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!!
Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!! Ale's truth is marching on.

I have seen the ads for all sorts of tasteless Macro Beers;
They have builded it an altar on their lies and on our jeers;
But I can taste real ale's flavors through the veil of my tears;
Ale's day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah! Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!
Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!! Ale's truth is marching on.

Ale is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave;
It is Wisdom to the mighty, It is Succour to the brave;
Full of hops, and malts, and yeast, it is what true beer fans crave.
Ale's day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah! Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!
Glory! Glory! Homebew-jah!! Real Ale's truth is marching on.

:D

Was it as good for you guys as it was for me? ;)

Nice one...

its just an observation that i have made after about 3 glasses of apfelwein, I LOVE YEAST FARTS. I keep my fermenter in my kegerator for temperture control and when you open the door WHHHEEEWWWW. HAHA.

Ahhhh, yeast farts...who doesn't love 'em?

This deserves quoting only because of the sheer uber-geek indecipherability of it. :D

Let's not forget, besides "wild type", the chance of any trait becoming fixed in any population is the rate that that allele is present in the population.

Actually working in a medschool, and having worked with genecists I kinda understand it...but it reminds me of some of the titles of the talks that the researchers give.

Like these;

"Bascom's operation in the day-surgical management of symptomatic pilonidal sinus "

"Glomus coccygeum may mimic glomus tumour "

The whole drucken rambling is classic...but I like this (shows how commited he is to good sanitization practices as well.)

I was probably drinking beer when you were sucking on your mothers milk bottle! (Sterilised, I hope) I've had so much frigging beer in my life, that I don't even remember what I just said!...I've had so much frigging beer in my life, that I don't even remember what I just said!

Give me a break and pass me my slippers you bastards!!

Back