May 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The order is CLOSED

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Taunton, Ma about 10 minutes off Rt 495

The sign up spread sheet is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhSLQbVFAE0wdFJGbENWcGFGX2xoMkJjODBhdUJFMEE&usp=sharing

1. Need 84 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$5.50)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$5.50)

To see the catalog, go
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxSLQbVFAE0wOUNBUjFOd2pnQ2c/edit?usp=sharing

Pricing (Use 4000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $5.50 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

I must be missing something, because it still says view only and won't let me fill in any fields... ?

Just so everyone knows the sheet adds the per bag shipping to your order automatically. Since this buy is going to be the same as the last the shipping will stay the same as last time.

Are we limited to the products on the spreadsheet? I've added two product codes that are in the NCM product list but not the spreadsheet. Let me know if I need to restrict my ordering :)

You can add things to the sheet just need to be in the correct spaces. Full bags go in the full bag slots and chems go in the chems spot. I fixed it

I'm a bit confused - I put down 3 bags of GW 2 row and 1 Marris Otter and am being charged $37 over what it should be. I just deleted all 4 bags and I still have the $37 charge. Any ideas?

Looks like the spreadsheet is counting me in for a Briess 2 row (it shows I have 1 bag on the Locked-Pricing-FullBags sheet) even though I have 0 ordered of it. I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of it...

That is odd I will have someone take a look at it ASAP. I am not the person that built the sheet. I will have them take a look at it. So just go about things as if it wasn't there and I will have it fixed

That's what I am thinking. If it really takes off and you think we can fit 4 pallets in your garage I could see adding one more. Rather then having people go with out grain

There were a lot of the regulars from the other buys that didn't get in on the last buy. I am thinking they will fill up the buy pretty quickly. If not we can drop back to 2 pallets.

I'll be in on this one, as I missed that last quick one. Will figure out my order in morning.

Is it possible to order anything on the price list? I'm not setup for all-grain yet and the price for 50 pounds of DME is super cheap (does that help you towards your total?). obviously I have to check with the wife first but when and how do folks pay?

This looks intriguing, but map says 3.5 hour drive from where I live...Is anyone coming from Greenfield, or Northampton ? I can help with gas if you cld pick up a few bags for me ..

Only use the split section for splits. If you are looking to buy a full bag scroll down the page and the full bag section is what you want to use. Only add things the full bag section if it is not there. Look for what you want in the full bags section before you post it someplace else. If you want a full bag of something and it isn't there don't post it in the splits section post it in the full bags section. Once every couple days I will look over the sheet and update the prices.

Just added two sacks. Do we send you a check after the final order is placed? Also, any thoughts on a delivery date.

Thanks for setting this up.

Anybody from CT involved in this that wouldn't mind grabbing a sack of pilsner malt for me?

I cringe that I might be asking a really silly noob question for the bulk order....

How do I use the spreadsheet for the order? I want to order 4- 5 bags of the Maris Otter and I go cross eyed trying to figure out the spreadsheet.

I will totally understand the possible roasting of the noob here, I deserve it.

Max

So you enter you HBT handle in the top row and it. will populate the rest of the sheet. Scroll down and find the tf mopa and in the column under you name put how many bags you want

When you get a second could you adjust the pricing for the 8lb PBW? The spreadsheet is currently tacking on $130 for it. Thanks!

Back