What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1608802368.jpg

Terrapin Moo-Hoo. Excellent chocolate milk stout, no wonder the guy at the local liquor said it sells out in the first 2 weeks every year.

Grand Teton Black Cauldron Imperial Stout paired with my homemade Avery Czar infused deer chili (based on the lamb chili recipe by Sean Paxton). They go wonderfully together :D

beerchili.jpg

HighTide Fresh Hop IPA by Port Brewing. Had this at the brewery during beer week. Awesome Simcoe and Centennial hop aroma. Screwed up on the pour haha. Oh well. Still tastes awesome.

image-2610014118.jpg

WesleyS said:
Schmaltz Brewing Company Hop Manna IPA
Not bad at all. I'll definitely be buying this again.

Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. is very impressive. If you haven't tried it, pick one up.

Grand Teton Black Cauldron Imperial Stout paired with my homemade Avery Czar infused deer chili (based on the lamb chili recipe by Sean Paxton). They go wonderfully together :D

Any chance you could PM me the recipe?? Sounds amazing. Im sure the guys would love it at the fire house.

allenH said:
Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. is very impressive. If you haven't tried it, pick one up.

I'll look for it. They just recently started carrying their beer here. This is the first one i picked. I look forward to trying them all.

Just cracked my first out of a 4 pack of the Topper that I got tonight.. $24.... Def. worth it. I will be harvesting the yeast for my next ipa (or 3). A belma / Citra / Amarillo / simcoe combo. Pretty excited about it.

Just cracked my first out of a 4 pack of the Topper that I got tonight.. $24.... Def. worth it. I will be harvesting the yeast for my next ipa (or 3). A belma / Citra / Amarillo / simcoe combo. Pretty excited about it.

Jealous. I should be getting some for myself very soon. Have you brewed with Belma before? I just ordered a pound 'cause at $5.25 and with the amazing sounding description I couldn't pass it up. Just trying to find out how well it does in practice.

DisturbdChemist said:
Sure thing. Spec's downtown always my go to but its too far away to go regularly. If i'm in the area i'll go down and go broke. I'm sure there stuff in Dallas thats not in Houston and vice versa.

Sounds good. I'll swing by the place I got it and see if they still have a bottle.

I grabbed this based on how many times Ive seen it mentioned here:
image-1901781901.jpg

Solid IPA. I don't know if it was the Enjoy By I had last night affecting my judgement but I was a little underwhelmed. Tastes like a well done, resiny IPA. Maybe I'm over IPAs loaded with centennial. It has cascade and Citra as well but I get loads of centennial.

Just picked up a growler from one of my favorite breweries Wingman Brewers Tacoma WA. Maori Warrior Hopped with warrior and nelson sauvin at 7.0ABV.

Having a home brewed Hefeweizen. It's good, but I find myself thinking it would be better as a wheat IPA with Simcoe, Citra, and autanum hops. Maybe next batch....

Tonight's winners are:

Wachusett Green Monsta

wgreenmonsta.png

for being the only drinkable beer from the brewery I have tried.

Then, two bad beers and an OK Mayflower Porter... Then,

150ommegangwitte.png

A nice witbier, and better than Allagash's, but ... I'm still dreaming of Unibroue's Blanche De Chambly, even of Cisco's Grey Lady which has a nice lazy/non-tart wit taste, and the one I made using a BYO/Jamil Blanche Oreiller recipe. This newbie brewers thinks good witbier isn't easy to find.

And finally, a photo I randomly found of the U.S. president drinking beer while searching for google images of women with low tops drinking german beers. (I was searching, not him).
presbeer.png

This ones (beer) a little fuller. Or pint size I should say. Nonetheless,whatever that means, Im having my last oak tree ipa,overcarbed but delicious still. Cant say whether I did a poor job harvesting liquid yeast,or just simply overcarbed. Im thinking overcarbed,1.4 oz sugar for 15 bottles (1.5) gallons. Opening it took about 5 second to slow foamer though. Tastes good absolutly nothing bad about it except excessive carb. @ 8 mo. now but RIP Oak Tree IPA-its been a nice 15 beer journey with time. Way to go Ivanhoe & Witbred Goldings hops! And caliv yeast,and boiled oak with priming sugar: which worked because I forgot to oak it.

obama.png

Sierra Nevada Narwhal. It seems to be a bit sweeter than other imperial stouts that I've had. It's different, but good.

Jealous. I should be getting some for myself very soon. Have you brewed with Belma before? I just ordered a pound 'cause at $5.25 and with the amazing sounding description I couldn't pass it up. Just trying to find out how well it does in practice.

I have never used the belma but have been following the Belma thread. Supposedly it brings a strawberry flavor / aroma and it plays well with other citrus based hops... And for $5.25...shiiitt... I had to order some. It made me feel better about the $13-15 per lb I was paying for other hops.

Just finished an 8oz Firestone XVI at Ojai Beverage Company. They were having a FW anniversary party. Didn't get to meet Mr. Firestone or Walker, but the beer was great. Slightly warm alcohol, but less than I expected for 13%. Going to cellar a bottle for a couple of years, should turn out amazing.

Now I'm revisiting Arrogant Bastard. I haven't had one in years, and I finally made a brew highlighting Chinook so I figured I would compare. Not as abrasive as I remember, my palate must have changed

JohnnySardonic said:
Now I'm revisiting Arrogant Bastard. I haven't had one in years, and I finally made a brew highlighting Chinook so I figured I would compare. Not as abrasive as I remember, my palate must have changed

I don't know how they do it, but abrasive is a perfect word for it.. Your palate may still be the same ;)

Back