Morning Radio Hosts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBrusky

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of the radio stations that I listen to while driving to work actually booted the two morning hosts and decided to play more music! Nice! I wish they all would do the same, does anyone really listen to them anyway?

Nope. I spend more time flipping stations trying to find music. So, I just settle for NPR. I figure if I am going to listen to someone talking, might as well be world news.

Nope, I like to listen to some chit chat in the morning, but only if it's good. I'll listen to Bob and Tom usually while getting ready. Our local guys are usually short on talk and play too much music, and most stations around here is crap. I can get Traverse City or GR somewhat, but I like to hear news and jokes in the morning.

We have one radio station that has some very good music, but all of the DJs sux. Especially CC Singer. What a ham! I can't stand his voice and his jokes are vomitous.

There is almost nothing I find more annoying than morning radio hosts. Is it so hard to play some effing music? I work midnights, so by the end of shift I am cranky anyway, and then listening to their irritating banter makes me very, very angry. As someone else said, I'll usually just switch to NPR. Since music is not an option, at least I can listen to news and stuff instead of 3 hours of fart and/or boob jokes.

You're making us look bad. Try this:
"I find their inane banter obnoxious and choose, instead, to be a well-informed member of society."

LOL! I see how my net words can be misconstrued. I tend to listen to NPR anyway, but when I moved to Lubbock I found two classic country stations. I was really excited until I found the morning show to be more blahblah than music.

NPR is the best at keeping me informed and they play the best classical music too!:ban:

NPR and the local talk guys for me. Between the three stations, there is always a good topic going on.

Radio music suxsrs. Except the new station in Milwaukee 88.9 which is awesome.

Over the last 3 years I have become a huge fan of Opie and Anthony. Jim norton is also on and I just love their style. Any XM'ers out there check them out on 202.

We have a pretty decent station that doesn't EVER have DJ's on air! I love it!

A couple other stations have a regular music format in the mornings, which I love. There were a few DJ's I loved, one morning team and an afternoon guy who I listened to almost every day, but then they got laid off. I think the good talent was too expensive?

I worked in radio most of my life and did mornings for a part of that as well as program director.

I never understood why a station that positions itself as a music station would abandon that and become a talk station for the first 4 hours of the day.

Sure, morning drive should be more generally entertaining than the other dayparts. You throw in some funny bits, traffic, some news, contests and whatnot... but mix that in between songs.

If I wanted talk radio, I'd be listening to AM.

There is almost nothing I find more annoying than morning radio hosts. Is it so hard to play some effing music? I work midnights, so by the end of shift I am cranky anyway, and then listening to their irritating banter makes me very, very angry. As someone else said, I'll usually just switch to NPR. Since music is not an option, at least I can listen to news and stuff instead of 3 hours of fart and/or boob jokes.

+1 to this. I work the midnight shift (for now, normally I work 1500-???) and by the time I get off I'm tired, sore, worn out, and pissed at the world. When I get out, my MP3 player takes me home. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of stupid fart jokes at 6:30 AM. I'm just waiting until 7 for the shop on base to start selling beer.

Burned CDs are all I listen to in my truck. I need to burn some more, tho. I've been listening to Testament for weeks. I can never get sick of it, really, but I think I should spread the love around :D

Burned CDs are all I listen to in my truck. I need to burn some more, tho. I've been listening to Testament for weeks. I can never get sick of it, really, but I think I should spread the love around :D

Toss some Himsa and some All That Remains onto a CD and prepare to drive REALLY fast and REALLY aggressively.

That is all.

I worked in radio most of my life and did mornings for a part of that as well as program director.

I never understood why a station that positions itself as a music station would abandon that and become a talk station for the first 4 hours of the day.

Sure, morning drive should be more generally entertaining than the other dayparts. You throw in some funny bits, traffic, some news, contests and whatnot... but mix that in between songs.

Why should it be more entertaining? What is it about the morning drive slot that makes programmers think we want to be entertained by such mind numbing inanity? No offense, but morning DJs are one of the two reasons I do not listen to the radio in my car (except for NPR). The second reason is that all the stations around here play an awful selection of music.

Actually, I guess I know the reason: advertisers. As I am not in the market for a new car every week, I guess I'm not in the target demographic.

Adding to my anger, Bob and Tom actually have a tv show. A tv show that bumped one of my favorite shows, Corner Gas, off it's 12am slot. It's not too early for a bit more than buzzed rants, is it?

+1 to this. I work the midnight shift (for now, normally I work 1500-???) and by the time I get off I'm tired, sore, worn out, and pissed at the world. When I get out, my MP3 player takes me home. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of stupid fart jokes at 6:30 AM. I'm just waiting until 7 for the shop on base to start selling beer.

Here in Michigan, they don't sell beer until NOON on Sundays (6am on other days). Decidedly inconvenient for getting off a particularly annoying midnight shift.

When I lived in Virginia Beach there were these guys, Tommy and Rumble, and they were f'ing hilarious. I would be in tears some mornings. It wasn't until I moved back to DC that I realized how superior Tommy and Rumble were. The radio show up here, Elliot in the Morning, freaking blows.

Free Beer and Hot Wings is good, but Gray and Cluck here in GR Rock! Two complete tards( who are well aware of this fact), who just don't care, and do dumb sh#t and play hard rock. Booby Tuesdays and Black Sabbath, what more could you want. :D

Latest posts

Back