I accidentally dumped all the trub into primary...what to do now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snailsongs

Reaction score
I brewed an english brown yesterday and I just realized that I dumped the whole pot, trub and all, into the fermentor. Is this going to drastically alter the flavor of my beer and what can I do to rectify the situation? I wasn't planning to use a secondary for this beer, just a long rest on the yeast cake, but would it be a good idea considering the extra baggage in the primary?

Has the trub settled to the bottom? Have you pitched yet? If not you could rack it off trub into another carboy and then pitch.

But honestly, that trub won't hurt anything, so you could just pitch and let it go as is.

Eastside

Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll see "similar threads" that have the same question in them and even though they are old, they can be very helpful!

Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll see "similar threads" that have the same question in them and even though they are old, they can be very helpful!

THank you, Yooperbrew. I didn't see that before. that's a handy 'tool' for sure.

Has this been there the WHOLE time I have been an HBT member and I just never noticed it until yesterday or is it new?

As much as I'd love to say " it's ruined, send it to me for proper disposal," I would only piss of certain people, so instead I'll say "don't worry about it..."

Back