Favorite Fall Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InityBrew

Reaction score
Lets see them!

I have an DIPA dry hopping now

16.5lb 2row
1.25 aromatic

100 ibu
Bitter with simcoe and warrior
Flavored with centennial, cascade
finished and dry hopped with cascade.

I will keg this weekend after a 4 week primary and hope to enjoy it in 2-3 weeks.

What are you brewing?

Tis the season..

Could you point me in the direction of a solid recipe? I have yet to brew a stout.

Yep, I'm brewing an IPA on Monday, and then an oatmeal stout on Wednesday. My recipe is in my recipe pull-down, under my avatar, and in the recipe database with other stout recipes.

I don't usually do any really big fall/winter beers but I do love a stout after dinner in the fall and then back to my regularly schedule hoppy beers. :D

Yooper I am a hop addict as well.. 4/5 of my beers are pales or ipas

Also, I will check out that stout recipe for sure. I brewed your dead guy clone and it was delightful.

I recently brewed a couple stouts that have been bottle conditioning for about 6 weeks now. I have a pumpkin ale that I used coffee malt in that I'll bottle this weekend. I plan on brewing a robust porter that I'll add vanilla to half of and spice to the other half. Then my holiday amber ale that I call "pfeffernusse ale" will be brewed after that.. Yoopers dead guy sounds good, I might have to add that to the list!

EDIT: Sorry! This was supposed to be favorite Fall Recipes, and I kinda took it all the way to winter..

I added cold steeped columbian coffee to Yoopers dead guy at the end of the boil (it was for a contest where I had to use coffee) and it blended incredibly.

I really like coffee in beer. I made a vanilla espresso stout once, and it was one of my favorite batches ever!

I've brewed two stouts in the last month, one an oatmeal stout and the other a sweet stout. I'm brewing my first IPA in a very long while next weekend, which I am very excited about. I've been on a malt kick for the last six months, but I am start to get the hop itch again. I think I'm beer bi-polar and I cycle every 6 months to a year.

I recently brewed a couple stouts that have been bottle conditioning for about 6 weeks now. I have a pumpkin ale that I used coffee malt in that I'll bottle this weekend. I plan on brewing a robust porter that I'll add vanilla to half of and spice to the other half. Then my holiday amber ale that I call "pfeffernusse ale" will be brewed after that.. Yoopers dead guy sounds good, I might have to add that to the list!

EDIT: Sorry! This was supposed to be favorite Fall Recipes, and I kinda took it all the way to winter..

Oops!

I made my first Oktoberfest/Marzen. I made it twice, to be exact. Also a basic pale ale and an attempt at a Kolsch.

Sadly, only my first Oktoberfest turned out (and I'm VERY pleased with it). All three of the other batches got infected. Know anybody that needs 60+L of malt vinegar? <cry>

What do you think happened? Was your process different?

No, I didn't change anything in my process. I think it was caused by a bad combination of a 3 year old plastic primary bucket that's starting to get pretty badly scratched up inside, a reused yeast that I was kind of careless while washing, and I also didn't give myself enough time to propagate a proper starter.

At least, I hope one of those things are the problem. I have one more chance to brew before winter hits, and for that session I'm going to be a sanitization nazi, use my good bucket, and use a brand new yeast.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll be happy to call brewing quits for the winter.

I added 20 oz of cold steeped coffee at the end of the boil.

I suggest using some coffee beans to dry hop (dry bean?) with as well. You could soak them in your favorite alcohol before using. You wont want to leave it for it to long, but a couple of days will give it a good aroma.

I did it with a black ipa that I made and it turned out delightful. Sat 1 gallon of the beer on oak chips and beans for 3 days and then bottled.

Back