Getting married

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
So its finally happening this Friday. All the family is starting to come in today, and we have almost everything ready.

I made three batches of mead for the toast, bottled them, labeled them, and put wax on the tops of the corked bottles. Unfortunately, they will be served from the bar and probably only the bartender will notice. I have tester bottles of two of the batches that I plan on opening tonight.

Ive got a twelve pack each of three different beers ready for the (ex)bachelor party. We are going camping the weekend following the wedding.

I'll post pics later. Probably next week.

- magno

That's awesome, congrats! I'm getting married on July 7th, thank god she enjoys the smells of brewing!

Hope everything goes well for you man!

Congrats on the wedding and good luck in your new life together, I am getting married next summer, so I better get on with the beer and wine making.

Prost!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kids are next and then be prepared for far fewer brewing sessions. And do not say i didnt warn you!

Reverend JC said:
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kids are next and then be prepared for far fewer brewing sessions. And do not say i didnt warn you!

Yep, 'fraid that is the truth. But, be brave and go forth. Eventually you will be able to brew once more! Just get in as many batches as possible before you start to spawn!

:D

All I can say is.....GOOD LUCK!

Really, being married is a whole different ballgame. It's a J.O.B. within itself. Oh and by the way.... that little ring on HER finger will change her personality. Also, you are HER property NOW!

Believe me I know. After two wives and alimony and two children plus child support. Believe me I have learned my lesson well.

But don't get discouraged. What the Hell.... love is forever.

Quote: "LOVE is temporary insanity only cured by marriage"

Congrats! - Kids are next unless you have the problem we have, not being able to have them. Which is worse. Drinking will be squashed by the SWMBO from the paranoia of the effects of drinking and manufacture of little swimmers.

If you have success in the kid department, you may have far less time to brew. You may have to stick to extracts and partials. At least its a hobby you do at home. After kids you'll be spending much time there.

Its not a death sentence. Maybe just a good reason to brew!!!!

Cheers :mug:

PS - Your goal now is to find something she likes to drink so you can say your doing it for her!!!!

Schlenkerla said:
Congrats! - Kids are next unless you have the problem we have, not being able to have them. Which is worse. Drinking will be squashed by the SWMBO from the paranoia of the effects of drinking and manufacture of little swimmers.

Not really a problem, adoption is a wonderful way to have a family. In fact, it is a wonderful first choice instead of the usual way of thinking of it as an alternative to procreation. I personally highly recommend it! :)

It will still be hard to brew though.... ;)

Congratulations young man.

My 25th anniversary is this July and it's only costing me an in ground pool.

Maybe you should get a pre-nup to insure you get the brewing equipment.

Congrats Dude! My 22nd to my first and only SWMBO comes up at the end of August.

Marriage is like Home Brew...It gets better with proper aging and perseverance (and lots of compromising). :D

Well we got started early in the kid department. We have a five (almost six) year old girl. We are just now making it "official".

She (SWMBO) likes lambic, which will make for a fun project. And she will also drink cider. I'll probably be adding some gallons on to the apfelwein thread in not too long.

Thanks to all for your well wishes.

- magno

EDIT: Thanks wop31

magno said:
Well we got started early in the kid department. We have a five (almost six) year old girl. We are just now making it "official".

She likes lambic, which will make for a fun project. And she will also drink cider. I'll probably be adding some gallons on to the apfelwein thread in not too long.

Thanks to all for your well wishes.

- magno

A little young to be starting her out on the Lambics....don't you think?:D

Oh i forgot this little tidbit that my dad told me and i never understood it until after i got married.

What is yours is hers and what is hers is HERS.

Gods speed my good men!

PS my 4 year old is cryig right now wondering why she can not get married and move to mexico!

When my wife is happy I am happy.
When my wife is sad she makes sure I am also.

So... you two finally ran out of things to talk about!

...only jesting. Now get the date engraved inside of the ring so you don't forget!

The big day came and went with hardly a hitch (get it ... nevermind). Things are getting back to normal now, and I finally found time to get the pics together.

Me and my wife.
47b7d834b3127cce85b2c3e6b51b00000026100Bat2zhoyZsd

My new bride and I after toasting over some mead.
47b7d834b3127cce85b2928ef5c300000026100Bat2zhoyZsd

Our daughter helping cut the cake. She came up and said "Oooh I want to taste-test too!!"
47b7d834b3127cce85b29829f56100000025100Bat2zhoyZsd

This is one of our center pieces. We had some pint glasses made that say "Dan and Viv's Wedding June 8, 2007" and they have the Chinese double happiness symbol. Each glass was filled with layers of different colored grain. The saved grain will be used in a weddingbrau that will be the first batch with my new turkey fryer.
47b7d834b3127cce85b178fa142600000025100Bat2zhoyZsd

Pics of the bottles of mead can be found in this thread. The bottles did get labels, but they were nothing fancy.

See you in a couple of weeks. I'll recognize you as the new guy in the "beating off, alone, on a Saturday night, while wife is asleep" club.

magno said:
The big day came and went with hardly a hitch (get it ... nevermind). Things are getting back to normal now, and I finally found time to get the pics together.

Me and my wife.
47b7d834b3127cce85b2c3e6b51b00000026100Bat2zhoyZsd

My new bride and I after toasting over some mead.
47b7d834b3127cce85b2928ef5c300000026100Bat2zhoyZsd

Our daughter helping cut the cake. She came up and said "Oooh I want to taste-test too!!"
47b7d834b3127cce85b29829f56100000025100Bat2zhoyZsd

This is one of our center pieces. We had some pint glasses made that say "Dan and Viv's Wedding June 8, 2007" and they have the Chinese double happiness symbol. Each glass was filled with layers of different colored grain. The saved grain will be used in a weddingbrau that will be the first batch with my new turkey fryer.
47b7d834b3127cce85b178fa142600000025100Bat2zhoyZsd

Pics of the bottles of mead can be found in this thread. The bottles did get labels, but they were nothing fancy.

Nice idea. You should store some of that weddingbrau in bottles in a nice cold place and pop a couple every anniversary.

Congrats on getting hitched!

Cheesefood said:
See you in a couple of weeks. I'll recognize you as the new guy in the "beating off, alone, on a Saturday night, while wife is asleep" club.

Now now Cheese, no recruiting here in the forum. This is Homebrew club. :D

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Nice idea. You should store some of that weddingbrau in bottles in a nice cold place and pop a couple every anniversary.

Congrats on getting hitched!

Im making the weddingbrau sot of as a proof of concept. I want to know how the turkey fryer works, see if I NEED a CFC, etc. The grains are a mixture of 10 different grains that SWMBO liked the smell and look of, and Im not sure what amount of what grains will be in the beer. We got 8 lbs of grain back, so I was going to supplement that with 5 lbs of two-row and see what comes out. Im not confident that it will be worth saving for a year or more.

- magno

Back