Fischer's bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
They're back in Oklahoma again. I haven't seen them for years. If you guys haven't seen them, they're brown, grolsch style bottles. Only difference (other than being the right color) they're magnum size. One pint, six ounces. They only had two at the store, but they seem to stick around for a few months once you see them. The beers are 2.50 a piece and pretty darn tasty to boot.

This might be the happiest moment of my life. Wait...maybe not, I'm about to go pour one!

I only have 1 big Fischer's bottle, with the label having a guy sitting on a keg and yelling Ole or Prost or something suitably euro-party-esque. Great bottle. Currently full of Rosse Grande, but I think SWMBO will soon drain that and get it back into proper beer rotation.

I know I'm 14 years down the line for this post, but the only beer I buy here in France from a shop is Fischer. I then reuse them to bottle my own brew. Only trouble I have is that the gaskets on the bottle are glued on and take a lot of getting off. In the past I've tried a sharp knife but that takes ages. I have over 100 x 22oz (US) bottles and now most of the gaskets need replacing. I have the new gaskets but once again . . . removing the old ones. Any one know of a safe method of melting them off?

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

I've got a few hundred of these bottles, but they are from the 80's and the gasket easily comes off. I don't think we are talking about the same bottles.

I would try dipping the lids in boiling water. It may soften the glue and/or the gasket.

Thanks.

I've boiled them for quite a while and it doesn't work. I tried softening the gasket with an electric heat gun but unfortunately the tops are made of plastic too and they melt as well.

Not to worry, I'm sure I can buy the whole mechanism in one of our supermarkets and they do have a separate gasket. They aren't "seasonal" yet (they use them for cider) so I'll need to wait.

Thanks again

Back