Finished my first smoke yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier this week I purchased a Masterbuilt electronic smoker (MES) from Sam's. I went with an electric smoker due to restrictions on being in an apartment. I seasoned it on Thursday, and started a pair of Boston butts at about 5AM yesterday and gave them hickory throughout the day.

The MES did a fine job monitoring temps on the meat probe and the smoker itself. The shape of the roasts did alter the cooking times a good bit though. The 7.7 lb butt was done and hour and a half sooner than the 6.9 lb one due to the smaller one being almost cube shaped, and the other being thinner and longer. If you add chips by filling the loader, it will last a couple of hours. However, I understand better result can be had by adding few chips more frequently. The size of the drip tray/racks/water pan are perfect, since they fit right into my kitchen sink where they are currently soaking. It's always a pain to clean an oven rack when the thing does fit in the sink

I wanted to extend massive thanks for the Naked Spur rub & smoked porter sauce, as well as EdWort's vinegar sauce recipe. The pulled pork was amazing, and people were raving about both sauces. I wish I had gotten pictures, but yesterday was crazy busy for me. Anyhow thanks again!

Back