well crap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tservice

Reaction score
On my 5 gallon hefe kit, some how I managed to end up with about 5.75 gallons total. How bad will that screw up my flavor and abv?:confused:

You will just have a little less flavor. I doubt it will make a huge deal. You could still boil up some concentrated DME in 1-2 cups of water and add that if you are really worried about it. But I would just let it ride.

BTW, I make all my recipes to 5.75 gallons in a 6.5 gal bucket. Although I do add enough fermentables to compensate. I lose between 0.5-1 gallons of beer in trub loss and don't want to get shorted the finished brew.

Seriously though, what was the recipe? Extract kits are pretty easy to estimate an accurate OG.

Seriously though, what was the recipe? Extract kits are pretty easy to estimate an accurate OG.
I was a liquid exract kit. With WB-06. that is all I can remember. The instrustions are at home, but I do not think it had a list. I will double check. The instructions was very, very generic.

Back