Who's gonna be the first? (Red Robin Beer Milkshake?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
2012-09-11-RR_OctoberfestShake_mr-thumb.jpeg

Red Robin Beer Milkshake Debuts Ahead Of Oktoberfest

Red Robin, home of the ghost pepper burger, has launched a beer milkshake today, made with Sam Adams Octoberfest draft, soft serve vanilla ice cream, vanilla syrup and caramel. It is available to customers 21 and over for about $5 and will be sold until November 11.

Donna Ruch, master mixologist with Red Robin, (yes folks, Red Robin does apparently have a "master mixologist"), refers to the milkshake as "innovative." We're not sure we'd go that far -- it's not like Red Robin invented this concoction -- but for a fast casual restaurant, we suppose this does offer something a little bit different.

Along with the boozy milkshake, Red Robin is also debuting warm pretzel bites, served with beer cheese and beer mustard. There's also the return of the Oktoberfest burger made with a toasted pretzel bun, beer mustard, melted Swiss cheese, sauteed onions, ham and lettuce.

Red Robin has about 460 restaurants around the country.

I think there's a Red Robin on the corner of my street (my radar ignores chain restaurants) I think I might have to stop in and give it a try. I wonder if we get to keep the Sam Adam's glass.

I wonder if we get to keep the Sam Adam's glass.

For $5.00 I doubt it. I would like to see the back of the glass to see if it has a Red Robin logo on. It would certainly be added to my Red Lobster Sam Adams glass.

E-Mursed said:
Another reason why Red Robin is one of the worst chain/theme restaurants.

But those fries dipped in the poppyseed honey mustard... dammit, man

Looks good even if it's not October yet.

I had a Highland Oatmeal Porter float with chocolate ice cream at the Savannah Brew Festival. It was very good.

I was just about to crack open a Sam Adams seeing as I just scored the fall case for $13.99. If only I had me some ice cream and caramel sauce...:( Would have figured the pumpkin would have been the better choice for a milkshake or maybe the Dunkelweizen with banana ice cream and caramel. Que Homer Simpson " MMMMMmmmmmm Beer milkshake aaaaagghhhhhhh"

This morning on the local Fox affiliate they were talking about this. One of the hosts declared that the SA Oktoberfest has pumpkin in it. So now you know.

Never been in a RR and my wife isn't even slightly interested. Really, neither am I.

No...Why? It's been god, how many years since I saw the movie, I've forgotten everything. Funny I was thinking about digging up a copy just last week.

Great book. The character Doc contemplates (and eventually orders) a beer milkshake, commenting that it tastes exactly like you think it would. I made one once to honor the book -- the description was accurate.

I was there when they were testing these with the employees... one woman said it was terrible, the other said it was like dumping whole milk and beer in a glass together... I passed on it, but I sooooo desperately wanted to try it.

I was there when they were testing these with the employees... one woman said it was terrible, the other said it was like dumping whole milk and beer in a glass together... I passed on it, but I sooooo desperately wanted to try it.

Wuss;) Always try it once. So long as it isn't poisons you have to try it once. Worst case scenario, you don't like it and you get something else. Best case is you get to try something that is amazing but you may never get to have again. If it wasn't for that logic I would have never tried Guinea Pig in Peru. I did, tasted like chicken/rabbit, and I will never do it again. Wasn't really as good as the other two IMHO. I can assure you that I will not be back there and at least now I know incase the world ends and I have to eat my daughter pet guinea pig:D

Red Robbin burgers are pretty damned good. Don't write them off without trying.

"The Wise Guy Burger" is pretty awesome. Burger with huge mozzarella sticks and marinara sauce... pretty tasty but they took it off the menu. Last time I was in there I asked for it by name and they still made it though.

On topic: I would try this "shake".

forstmeister said:
Banzai Burger. That is all.

The banzai burger is great. I also like the bleu ribbon burger. I might have to try the shake, at least once.

Another reason why Red Robin is one of the worst chain/theme restaurants.

Not even. I don't love chain restaurants but they are probably the best.

Also, beer floats are good. I made a chocolate coffee milk stout one time and we made some nice ones with that. I think most people would like them. I don't know about a milkshake, seems like you might lose some carbonation.

I tried it Friday. It was pretty good though it could have used more beer in it.

The beer cheese that comes with their warm pretzel bites is VERY good. As is the Oktoberfest Burger.

I tried it Friday. It was pretty good though it could have used more beer in it.

The beer cheese that comes with their warm pretzel bites is VERY good. As is the Oktoberfest Burger.

The beer cheese is amazing as is the pub crawl burger (which has the beer cheese on it). Unfortunatly they have to use Odouls for the when making the beer cheese. I am working at RR right now. The milkshake is alright, nothing too special.

Looks good even if it's not October yet.

I had a Highland Oatmeal Porter float with chocolate ice cream at the Savannah Brew Festival. It was very good.

Oktoberfest starts in September. :D

2012 is actually one of the years where it starts as late as possible, on Sept 22. It can start as early as Sept 16.

For 5 dollars, I would definitely give the thing a shot, but there are no Red Robin's anywhere near me.

Now.. there is a semi-good reason for me to go back there. Last time I was there,we were turned off by the Noisey kid parties and balloons to enjoy our massive monster burgers.But beer stuff like that,now I want to try. Prettty shure it was the Salmon Burger I last tried,was to distracted to enjoy it,I know I did though but really wanted to get out of there fast. I felt like a Pinata surrounded by kid parties.Noisy drunken little kids,sheesh! Just tryin to eat a burger , get away with those sticks and blindfolds already. And get off of your high rocking rocking horses too!

I still haven't convinced myself to go in there and try one. I pass the damn place at least twice a day. I don't think their burgers are anything special, just big, and I don't particularly want to just go in to order the beer shake. I might as well just buy a sixer of beer and a tub of vanilla and make my own. I already have caramel sauce.....And I even have my own Sam Adam's glass to put it in.

I ate at one near the GR mall. Not bad. Don't know that I'd go out of my way to get back, but if someone else were to want to go there I'd have no problem with it.

Back