The Kegerator is empty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Well, the last commercial keg of beer in the ol Kegerator just blew. I still have a couple days left before I head to Ireland, Munich, & Vienna, but when I get back, this is what I'll have to survive on till my birthday when I tap the first home brews in over 7 years. My Porter will be about 6 weeks old and the Brown Ale about 4 weeks.

BeerFridge.jpg

Provided SWMBO doesn't drink it first while I'm gone.

Damn, guess you'll have to hit a few pubs in Ireland. Tough life.

Tell her green beer makes you fat.

Mmm look at all that McEwan's! I had my first samples of that over the weekend. What an awesome brew. One of the best I've ever had and definitely THE best import I've ever had. You'd better drink them up before the missus get's 'em!
:mug:

I spot a Full Moon Rye in there. One of my favorite beers :mug:

$2.50 a pint on Texas Sundays at the Saucer.

Yeah, these are leftovers from a neighborhood brewfest. 4 of us put it on, but everyone still had to bring a 6 pack of craft beer. The next morning we divvied up the leftovers. They came in handy since my keg of Apfelwein was empty.

I just had a McEwans's. It is quite tastey, though a wee heavy.

McEwan's IPA = blah

So what will you drink the second night of your return? You have another, larger fridge? :)

Exo said:
McEwan's IPA = blah

So what will you drink the second night of your return? You have another, larger fridge? :)

I have a case of Spaten and Rogue Mocha Porter waiting in the wings in case SWMBO cleans out my little beer fridge. When I get back, I'll be racking into kegs and conditioning for the big day. Then again, I need to install the new TTT (Tri-Tap-Tower)

mmmmmm rogue mocha porter Yummmmmy!
Best of luck getting your homebrew on tap. How far along are they now? Can you keg them and get them on minimal gas before you leave, so they are carbed and ready to go upon your return?

I still have a week after I return to get things ready, so they should be carbed up.

My porter is a recipe from David_42 for a Rogue Mocha Porter clone. I bought some so I would be able to compare. It has 6 lbs. of 7 year old German pilsner LME in it from Utah. It was a vacume pack from Williams Brewing. It will be 6 weeks old when we tap it. My brown ale will be 4 weeks and so will the Apfelwein.

david_42 said:
That's a recipe from Austin Home Brew, I can't take credit for it. They are GOOD!

Ok. I picked up all the ingredients from them for the mini mash. It will be interesting on how it will turn out with 7 year old LME.

I wonder if I should let it sit longer than 4 weeks in the secondary before kegging.

Back