Screwed up priming sugar in tap-a-draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTBrewer

Reaction score
I filled three tap-a-drafts on thursday, using 1 tbsp of sugar for each PET, because that's what I incorrectly remembered from the one other time I've used them. It's supposed to be 6 tbsp sugar each.

Whats the best thing to do? Just dump more in?

Do not Dump!!

As I see it, you have two choices:
1. Since it was only a few days ago that you bottled, you could add the additional priming sugar.
2. Let it go "as is" and let the Tap-a-draft carbonate it when you add the CO2 cartridges. This method will use a few more cylinders, but it will work. I have a Tap-a-draft and love it, and I seem to remember that the instructions say you can either carbonate in the jugs or with the CO2 cylinders.

I would do the first.

dump more in as in sugar. I've never dumped out. :)

Force carbonating them still takes a week and needs the tap on it. I'll just add the sugar.

Force carbing in the TaD doesn't take a week. I force carbonate with mine all the time. Get the beer good and cold, hook up the TaD and charge. Give it 24 hours and add another cartridge. At 48 it's ready to drink.

Thats good to know. So....don't prime at all, chill, two cartridges for 24 hours, then 2 more....or just one, wait a day add second?

Thats good to know. So....don't prime at all, chill, two cartridges for 24 hours, then 2 more....or just one, wait a day add second?

I never load more than one cartridge at a time and leave the other side filled with an empty. The second cartridge always just over pressurizes my TaD and gets vented off, wasted. So, ICE cold, unprimed beer or cider, 1 cartridge, wait a day, 1 more, wait a day and then commence to drinking.

Back