RIMS cherry poppin time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
Fired up the new RIMS system this weekend and brewed a dunkelweizen
it went pretty well except we got a compacted grain bed buy running the flow to fast. We figured out the flow rate and the rest of the mash went great I couldnt be happier the mash temp stayed dead on.

Pat
img1657v.jpg

Ron I just made some labels with a label maker from work I dont have a picture of the panel with the labels on it.

Remilard the element is above the pump and below the punched panel.
img1646k.jpg

Great job Pat! I am in the middle of automating my RIMS and you just reminded me that I have to add a manual valve in the RIMS path to regulate the flow. It will be the only manual valve in the brewery. I removed it and forgot to put it back in the system. The good thing is that it will be set it and forget it as I have enough drains and disconnects to thoroughly flush the system out.

Great job, Pat. Did you end up using the auto-tune feature on the PID? What value did you use for the 'output high limit'?

Great job, Pat. Did you end up using the auto-tune feature on the PID? What value did you use for the 'output high limit'?

Yes I did use the auto-tune and I set the output high limit at 80%...
Thanks to you it works like a charm.

PAT

Latest posts

Back