Home Brewing with Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhelanKA7

Relax? RELAX?!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone read this book? (Home Brewing with BeerSmith: How to Brew and Design Great Beer at Home)

I'm looking for a book that goes into a lot of detail more for All-Grain brewing. I have How to Brew and Radical Brewing and I've gobbled those up and could recite them back by heart. Plus How to Brew is more of a catchall on brewing and Radical Brewing is more of a recipe book.

I've heard Designing Great Beers is a good book but as I understand it the info is becoming a bit dated. Looking for a good guide on All-Grain that is more up-to-date.

Thanks!

:mug:

EDIT: Also anything that is available per my requirements on Kindle is a big plus.

Gordon Strong's - Brewing Better Beer

He only talks about all-grain, doesn't touch extract. I've been perusing it for a while now and have been enjoying it. It's hard to find the time to get completely into it with a 1yr old though.

I would not recommend Homebrewing with Beersmith. Its ok, but all available online, broken up into short sections and not terribly in depth. I also really enjoyed Brewing Better Beer. I don't think you will find one book that has it all. Just put the pieces together from various sources and when that leaves you scratching your head, ask for help.

Back