Why go deer hunting when you can...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
use your tree stand to brew with! It's only temporary, but I needed to get my new enormous brew pot off the floor, so I could use my new cfc. Everything went ok, for some reason the wort didn't want to come out of the ball valve. Still trying to figure that out. Btw, I was brewing a AHS Chocolate raspberry stout, for $17 I couldn't resist.

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1545.jpg

And please don't mind my dirty garage, im ashamed:(

No safety strap? :)

My ball valve does it too. Every once in a while a plug of hop particles gets in there during the boil, and jams it up. I think it helps to purge a little water/wort before adding hops to get the air out of the valve. Sometimes just holding the end of the tube and squeezing it helps. Othertimes I have to (this is gonna sound bad no matter how I say it) suck the wort through. Normally there is still some StarSan in the CFC, and I put the first few ounces in a cup, then put the hose in the carboy.

That's a great idea! I have a post in the middle of my garage I could hook one of those up to. Of course, my garage is a pig stye compared to yours, and I don't really want to brew in there yet. I'm working on it, though.

Trick I learned with the CFC is to prime it with starsan, then quickly hook it up to your boil kettle to drain. For some reason if there is a little air in the line it just does not seem to want to flow....

Back