Bells Hopslam 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ostomo517

Reaction score
Got really happy when I saw pictures of this rolling off the bottling line today, release date 1/14/13 I can taste it already!!!

.facebook_-65466400.jpg

She ordered it a local store (A hardware store if you can believe it) said it due in Feb. not so patently waiting.

I saw it on the shelf Tuesday here in Michigan, so it has presumably shipped already. Maybe some stores are better than others at waiting to put it out?

I saw it on the shelf Tuesday here in Michigan, so it has presumably shipped already. Maybe some stores are better than others at waiting to put it out?

Probably so, official word from Bells is that 14th is the release day but obviously stores have it onhand waiting for that day.

Ostomo517 said:
Got really happy when I saw pictures of this rolling off the bottling line today, release date 1/14/13 I can taste it already!!!

It came out in Michigan on Friday at Bells and it was in stores Monday. I am enjoying one now

Had one last night for the first time in a couple of years. Great, danky aroma, but I would bet dollars to donuts that there's Summit hops in there somewheres. I get a distinct garlic-powder flavor that I just can't abide. I may be more sensitive to that than others, but I honestly couldn't have more than a few sips. And I was so excited for it!

Had this beer for the first time on Friday. Wow...one of the best IPA's I've ever had. Definitely worth the price for the sixer I got in STL.

Picked up several six packs of 023. Sorry to report, Terrible beer this year at least the bottles. Aroma is nothing but DANK and the taste is disjointed into bitters up front and a little honey afterwards. Had draft last year which was phenomenal. See Beer Geek Nation on uTube.

i disagree. I bought 6 cases this year and the beer is excellent. I am kalamazoo local.
My beer was bottled 01/02/2013

Picked up my six pack this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have five left, drank one during the super bowl so I wasn't super critically in my drinking of it but I though it was good.

Back