race track lids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borny

Reaction score
I have two old race track lid 3 gallon cornies. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement lid and gaskets? A few years ago there was an online store called discount kegs?? That carried these lids, but I don't think they are in business anymore.

Thanks Dan

I'll have to give that gaskets a try. I know the original gaskets were "square" and oval shaped.....I did find a place online for the lids....

You would be wise to put some keg lube on the standard type O ring. I've found they tend to leak otherwise. I believe some homebrew supply stores carry the flat O rings. Try Williams Brewing.

Thanks for the info!

I checked out chicompany, but found there lids to be sold without the pressure relief valve. Also stated on the website that they are no longer made... I did see they had the "flat" gaskets, so I will pick up a bunch, just not buying the lid without a pressure relief valve.

I'm not sure if he'll have it, but you might want to give Art a call at his brew shop: (801) 533-8029 . He showed me some old racetrack style stuff a few years ago, and might still have some of it.

His LHBS is open Tuesday-Saturday, fyi.

Kegconnection.com usually has them, but they aren't on their site right now. They may be out of stock or really low on stock. You could still call them and sometimes they can hook you up.

Oh man, I didn't even think to search on eBay or amazon.com!!!!

Back