Are these the right kind of kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandena

Reaction score
Just found these in a neighboring town for a good price. I wasn't originally planning on using kegs, so I'm not positive if these are what the majority uses for BK and HLT.

Can anyone confirm these are what I want before I make the drive?

Thanks

image-3068362280.jpg

Forgot pic

I'm pretty sure those are Sanke kegs although I would need a closer look with the covers taken off. If the price is good you should definitely grab them. I hear they are great for converting into a brew pot or keggle or whatever. I suppose you could use them to actually keg your beer but from what I understand it is a bit of a PITA to take them apart and clean them unless you have special equipment. It's probably worth the trip though. I think they usually go for 70+ and they are worth at least a $30 deposit where I live

jhorgan1 said:
I'm pretty sure those are Sanke kegs although I would need a closer look with the covers taken off. If the price is good you should definitely grab them. I hear they are great for converting into a brew pot or keggle or whatever. I suppose you could use them to actually keg your beer but from what I understand it is a bit of a PITA to take them apart and clean them unless you have special equipment. It's probably worth the trip though. I think they usually go for 70+ and they are worth at least a $30 deposit where I live

Thanks. Sorry for half ass post... On my phone in a meeting.

those look like coors style sanke kegs. just cut the top off! and you have your brew kettles.

coors.JPG

15.5g%20Coors%20Keg.JPG

OMG That's totally illegal to procure kegs that way!

Just kidding. It's what we all did. Have fun!

OMG That's totally illegal to procure kegs that way!

Just kidding. It's what we all did. Have fun!

Well, you win. I am kegless.
Looks like it was some sort of scam/troll. Drove an hour and a half to meet the guy, he doesn't show or answer phone anymore.
While waiting I googled "3 kegs", guess what the top picture result is.

-1 for my faith in humanity.

aww man that is a real bummer. If you have brewery near you you might just call them and see if they have any damaged kegs they would sell to you. I've heard of guys getting good prices on kegs that way, and its legit

There is an easy way to remove the core. Hit up the local micro you frequent and ask the brewer if he will remove it for you. In exchange, you give him the core. Great extra small parts for a micro.

davefleck said:
There is an easy way to remove the core. Hit up the local micro you frequent and ask the brewer if he will remove it for you. In exchange, you give him the core. Great extra small parts for a micro.

Won't they shun my acquisition of a keg whose history I can't confirm?

crazyseany said:
I'd put "do you still have kegs" in cut and paste and text him about every5 minutes...

I'm half tempted to rent a bot net and spam the balls off him.

I'm half tempted to rent a bot net and spam the balls off him.

I would discourage this; however since he is obviously scamming people reporting him with all the info you obviously have (address, phone number) could be a lot more damaging. Would be best if you saved the page he was selling stuff on.

OatStraw
C|EH

i would post his info on 419eater.com, its a site that a bunch of individuals get together and destroy the lively hoods of scammers for fun. Its mainly for the nigerian money order scams but they love to dabble in guys like this.

Back