any locksmiths or advice you can give

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
ok i have a 2001 tundra and it never came with any keychain device for unlocking the doors. it is power locks and i have been unlocking the drivers side door manually for about 6 years now. Anyone have any problems with the actual lock barrel in the door failing. i have to wobble the key to try and get it to slide in to unlock the door. The passenger side door is as smooth as ever unlocking. i just dont want to have to unlock from the passenger side just to get in. my key is getting pretty rounded from years of use but i dont think thats the issue since ignition and passenger side work just fine. If i do need to replace the barrel should i take it to the toyota dealer or would a locksmith suffice?

fixed it. the locksmith i called suggested trying some grease less lubricant first. i hit it with some LPS1 and presto! its working like a charm now. i am however going to get another key made soon before this one gets too rounded to use.

If you go to a good lock smith, they should be able to get the factory cut from your VIN; better then trying to copy a worn key :) Glad it's working!

I think you need to visit the company only not the locksmith for it.But if it is the problem of the key you can visit the locksmith...

Latest posts

Back